Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sarn Helen / Sennybridge route – current conditions, worth a ride?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Never done this one, always gets referred to as a classic. I’m looking for something a bit different tomorrow and wondered what it will be like time of year. I dont mind a bit of mud, but would like to get away from my usual Mendips / Cotswolds winter mudfest.

cheers

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Meant to say that I was planning on starting from the south, near the Heads of the Valleys road, so is it worth riding all 50k+ to Sennybridge, or to cut the ride a bit shorter?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

would suggest the Quantocks not wales off road if your looking to avoid mud or Afan

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yeah, Quantocks was already our Plan B, just fancied something different. Maybe Mountain Ash area with the DH run if I can find it

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Black mountain classic riute should be ok to. Yeah DH runs are around the car park off to the west, follow obvious tracks 🙂 Their quite soggy, more a slide DH 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’ll leave Black Mountains classic til the summer thanks! Quantocks it is, not a bad 2nd option really

Nipper99
    Free Member

if you started sarn helen from coelbren or forest lodge then mud is not normally an issue – mostly rocky going but with big puddles etc. you could also take the cheeky trail over fan g if you start from coelbren and down to heol senni then up to forest lodge to get back onto sarn helen that way – one of my favorite loops – if you dont get out tommorow let me know another time and we could meet up and i can show you around – decorating duties this w/e.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks Nipper, think I might make a weekend of it sometime, and ride Rheola and the Black Mountain decent to Dan Y Gorf while I’m there

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sarn Helen / Sennybridge route – current conditions, worth a ride?’ is closed to new replies.