Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sardinia Holiday , recommendations
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Thinking of somewhere in Ogliastra but open to suggestions. Any recommendations looking for somewhere near a beach , with restaurants/ bars but not to “mad for it”. Thanks

DrJ

We stayed near Cannigioni in the North East – really nice. Also handy for trips to islands, looking in the window of the loony bin that is Costa Smeralda, etc.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

just come back from Cala Gonone on the east coast. Ace it was, big rocky hills, loads of caves, crystal clear sea, great food. I liked it. I liked it alot.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Thanks will check them out.

mcboo
    Free Member

Avoid Costa Smeralda unless you go way off season……it is really beautiful and we had a lovely time on our honeymoon (early June), but it is bling central and full of idiots high season. Beyond expensive too….

I’d like to go back and see some of the rest of the island though. Seemingly very “Old Italy” once you get off the beaten track. Sardinian food is ace.

psyclone1976
    Free Member

Alghero is very nice, a marina and then beach further down, very old town center with lovely restaurants and bars. Not too lively unless you want to find somewhere. Plenty of nice beaches further around the coast and they do some boat trips to a nice cave on the coast.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=40.572696,8.308067&spn=0.044398,0.109177&t=h&z=14

This is where we stayed, a nice 1 room apartment in the old town center. they have some others in the town so you should be able to find something.

http://www.aigua.it/en/loft/loft.html

Alot of B&B’s in Italy are not really B&B’s. They will leave you some juice cartons and snacks for breakfast but the cafe’s are so cheap and plentiful that it’s nicer to go out for brekko anyway.

nicko74

Oooh, I’m heading there at the end of August, via Corsica. Although we have 3 and a bit days between Santa Teresa (arrive by ferry) and Olbia (fly home).
    Any suggestions welcome

DavidB
    Free Member
    stonemonkey
    Free Member

Hi any other suggestions, please

MattEmulsion
    Free Member

I'll second Cala Gonone and can recommend Cala Luna Hotel. Even if you don't stay in the town, i would suggest hiring a Rib from the harbour and heading down the coast, epic scenery, nice beaches and crystal clear waters.

It looks mighty fine biking country, if you get the chance

Keva
    Free Member

I've to Sardinia a couple of times. Much prefer the north to the south, Sanata Teresa and west were my favourite places. Can't recommend hotels 'cause we were camping when we were there. Alghero and Oristano both very but on the south coast although the scenery is beautiful it seems to be where the ITies go for their holidays and we found it all a bit tacorama. Neuoro is the oldy worldy Sardinia up in the mountains, it's worth hiring a car to have a look around 'cause it really is a beautiful island and there is a lot of history there- although the driving is rather interesting to say the least.

K

DavidB
    Free Member

Email Peter in the link I gave you. He is a keen MTBer and knows the local guides and trails.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sardinia Holiday , recommendations’ is closed to new replies.