Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Sarah Kennedy reprimanded by Beeb!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member
    MoreCashThanDash

She's entitled to voice her opinions, just not on her own show.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sounds about right

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You mean for once she wasn't going on about her pussy or the flu, or some other reason for her appaling work record ???????

finbar
    Free Member

I thought Neighbours was on Channel 5 now?

GSter
    Free Member

Sack her, she is kak!

Kuco

I'm surprised she was actually at work to offend anyone. I wish they would dump her for good.

bruneep

25 complained! Is that all of her listeners then?

Moses

Replace her with Janice Long, please. Kennedy is an ignorant bigot.

tankslapper
    Free Member

I get UP for Wogan! 😳

Nico
    Free Member

First time I've ever heard of her. So maybe a good career move, though not just because of me.

m0nster2
    Free Member

Can't stand her.
    Aural Daily Mail.

eldridge
    Free Member

The original link on this thread is broken, so:

Who the hell is Sarah Kennedy and why is she so important she merits a post on here?

Enlighten me

tankslapper
    Free Member

Link works here.

[/url]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Who the hell is Sarah Kennedy

Some tart who is a bigot and who apparently liked a now long dead Ulster unionist bigot.

More info on her bigoted past :

" In 2007 MPs joined calls to get rid of "deeply offensive'' Kennedy after she told her 4.5 million listeners she was unable to see a black man in front of her in a dark street until he opened his mouth.

Kennedy, also know for rambling and getting words wrong, once joked that black people were more used to being chased by lions. "

eldridge
    Free Member

Thanks for the new link, but that churns away for several seconds without revealing anything (I've got rural "broadband" courtesy of AOL)

So please summarise why this person deserves a STW post

Thanks

tankslapper
    Free Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Kennedy

Try that

But Ernie summarises it well. What is BBC Radio 2 coming to? Kennedy and Ross should both be sacked…

Junkyard
    Free Member

For eldridge and his clockwork Internet

Radio 2 presenter Sarah Kennedy has been "spoken to" by BBC bosses after she praised the late Enoch Powell.

During her show on Wednesday, Kennedy, 59, described Powell as "the best prime minister this country never had".

Powell was sacked from the shadow cabinet by Ted Heath in 1968 for his Rivers of Blood speech about the dangers of mass immigration.

A BBC spokesman said: "It was inappropriate for Sarah to offer an off-the-cuff political opinion."

She added: "We have spoken to her and made that clear."

The BBC said 25 listeners had complained about the comment.

This is the second time Kennedy has been warned by the BBC about content in her early morning show.

Last year, Radio 2 apologised after Kennedy said she had almost run over a black pedestrian because she could not see him in the dark.

At the time her comments sparked protests from listeners on message boards.

djglover
    Free Member

I've seriously never even heard of her? And I sometimes listen to radio 4.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I sometimes listen to radio 4.

Ah…… but do you sometimes listen radio 2 ? That would help.

I don't btw.

eldridge
    Free Member

this thread is useless without pictures

how am I supposed to evaluate a woman's opinions if I can't tell whether I would

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Just read that BBC page…

😯

There seems to be a theme developing!

Bush
    Free Member

If She gets the sack…Make sure that Turnip Ken Bruce gets the bullet too.

I hate him.

Bush.

djglover
    Free Member

What's wrong with saying you couldn't see a black man in the dark? I mean in the context of the other comments it sounds a bit racist, but I just looked out of my window and I couldn't see any either, and there very well may be some there?

tankslapper
    Free Member

eldridge – Member

how am I supposed to evaluate a woman's opinions if I can't tell whether I would

Eldridge

With your internet connection by the time you decided the thought would be gone

It would be going up for a pee then standing on the landing wondering 'wtf am I doing here?' 😆

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You wouldn't, trust me.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

She looks exactly how you would expect someone who never bumps into a black man in a dark street to look like :

Would you …

Well ?

I mean slap that face btw.

tankslapper
    Free Member

djglover – Member

What's wrong with saying you couldn't see a black man in the dark? I mean in the context of the other comments it sounds a bit racist, but I just looked out of my window and I couldn't see any either, and there very well may be some there?

I nearly hit a silver coloured car coming out of the sun the other day…..does that make me a car racist?

Kuco

I like Ken Bruce. That Jeremy Vine bloke winds me up always swap station between 12:00pm-2:00pm can't stand his show.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Well, I think that she's excellent. Does a very good review of the morning papers

Janice Long? – you must be kidding……

GSter
    Free Member

Give the job to Alex Lester…..he deserves a show at a more decent hour and is a great entertainer……SK…buzz off you mad cow and take your 'dearly beloved' shite with you !!

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

It would take someone more mean spirited than me to say that she has a face for radio.

Doh!

skidartist
    Free Member

I misread "Kennedy rapped for Powell comment" as "Kennedy rapped Powell comment". Now setting the rivers of blood speech to a hiphop beat would at least be entertaining.

As for Janice Long, does she even realise there's a mic in the room? Its like listening to a surveillance tape of someone talking to their cat.

G
    Free Member

Wheres TJ When you need him??

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

if I'm thinking of the same person, then she hasn't aged well has she – she used to be quite a looker on Game for a Laugh…

tankslapper
    Free Member

Skidartist – As for Janice Long, does she even realise there's a mic in the room? Its like listening to a surveillance tape of someone talking to their cat.

PMSL!!!

G – Member

Wheres TJ When you need him??

Or Fred

G
    Free Member

Yeah or fred??? where are they eh?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah or fred??? where are they eh?

ffs – why is everyone asking for rude/bra/fred/shox ? ? ?

He is HERE watching you with his mad eyes :

tankslapper
    Free Member

Jeez! Nightmares….

phiiiiil

I really don't know why we have Radio 2 on in the morning, I was hurling abuse at it once again this morning for her stupid and unnecessary comments about cyclists "always going through red lights" and then complaining about low fish stocks when they apparently taste really nice.

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

They should have that Aled Jones chap on instead, he's much more entertaining and can actually talk coherently, which is apparently a useful skill for a radio presenter.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Sarah Kennedy reprimanded by Beeb!’ is closed to new replies.