Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Saracen N-Zyme 2000 seatpost size
  • relliott6879
    Free Member

I’ve got an old Saracen N-Zyme 2000 frame (7005 alloy hardtail, dark blue at the headtube, changing to ball burnished about halfway along the top tube and down tube with red ‘Team Saracen’ graphics) that I’m looking at doing a parts-bin build with for my better half.

Does anyone know what diameter seatpost I need for this frame? The original has long since departed, the 27.2mm post from my own bike is too small and I haven’t managed to find a definitive answer on the web.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Forgive me for being blunt but why not measure it. Saracen where forever changing there specs about so any listed spec could well be wrong

relliott6879
    Free Member

I could (and probably will) measure it, but with seatpost diameters being accurate to tenths of a millimetre and my eyes not being the best, I thought I’d just enquire on here first to see if anybody just knew the size. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

relliott6879
    Free Member

From what I can make out with my shatter-resistant Rexel ruler, it appears to be exactly 28mm. Not a size I’ve ever come across, to be honest. Might I be better looking into a 27.2mm to 28mm shim?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Sorry about above it’s been a rubbish day.
    You do get 28.6 seat posts.
    Although a pain your local lbs will be able to measure it properly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Saracen N-Zyme 2000 seatpost size’ is closed to new replies.