Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saracen Avro road wheels CxD26 are they tubeless ready?
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve just bought a saracen Avro 2015 model (after mboy recommended it). Looking to put tubeless tyres on it. They claim the wheels are sub 1600g and they feel nice but I can’t find any information on them. I’ve emailed Alex rims but not heard anything.

Has anyone managed to set these up tubeless? Any advice?

Thanks

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’ve got alex cxd26 rims on my cx bike and I’ve been running them tubeless for the last year with cx tyres. currently on nano 40c and they’ve got a slow leak around the bead possibly. Previous to them I had some panaracer non-tubeless tyres running tubeless at about 60-70 psi.
    Its possible with enough rim tape and decent tyres I’d say.

mboy
    Free Member

Yes definitely tubeless ready

Just need to tape them and fit tubeless valves (like you would with Stans rims) and away you go…

How you getting on with the bike? Ironically on paper it was everything I wanted, effectively a posh winter trainer/commuter. The reality was that for some reason I couldn’t get comfy on it at all… Shame really, I’ve sold a few and their owners love them! Hard to explain but I tried several things, went back to my old (much heavier) Whyte Dorset in the end and felt much happier straight away…

jameso

http://www.alexrims.com/product/cxd26/

Not a TLR spec officially by may work with tape. Used them on the Arkoses in previous years.

damascus
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

OK, I’ll give it a go, see what happens.

Mboy, same, it has everything I want, bolt thru, carbon, internal cable, carbon, threaded BB etc, mudguards.

It’s replaced a kinesis tripster decade which I loved but fancied something lighter.

60cm XL bike with pedals weighs less than 20 pounds but I know exactly what you mean. Still experimenting with stems etc.

Jury still out

damascus
    Free Member

Set these up tubeless using yellow tape and schwalbe one tyres and sealant. Went up straight away and no leaks.

The tyres roll so much better than my gator skins. Helped me get a few pbs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Avro road wheels CxD26 are they tubeless ready?’ is closed to new replies.