Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saracen Ariel X… anyone built up from the frame?
  • desboy3
    Free Member

Thinking of my first foray into full suss territory and contemplating the Ariel X frame and speccing it up. The Mega is also on the cards and I’m sure there’ll be more feedback judging by the recent release and forum activity. So show me your Ariels! Please.

Ewan
    Free Member

I think Loco suspension tuning have done this? Email them?

domjohn123
    Free Member

This is my Saracen Ariel 1, but i’ve changed a lot of the stock parts out for stuff off my Ragley hardtail. Also now has a 12mm bolt thru at the rear and a superstar plasma chainguide that are not pictured. Really good fun bike, can do a big XC loop or all day ride, then put the seat down and go do some freeride or downhill stuff 😀

Saracen Ariel custom build by Dom John, on Flickr

_tom_
    Free Member

Seems to be better than buying the complete. Southern Downhill just did a long term review and said they replaced pretty much every part other than the frame!

http://www.southerndownhill.com/reviews/bikes/saracen-ariel-1-long-term-review.html

Really want one of these frames!

domjohn123
    Free Member

Yeah, i think it depends which one you get though. As the Ariel 2 and 3 both are pretty well specced, just 1 isn’t. I got mine at a really good price, so just sold off all the new stock parts which meant i got an amazing deal on the frame, seatpost and headset etc. Really good fun to ride though.

grantway
    Free Member

A friend just bought a complete Ariel 2 for £ 1,000,00p from Bike Tart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Ariel X… anyone built up from the frame?’ is closed to new replies.