Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • saracen ariel vs pitch pro 2011
  • stuartm555
    Free Member

just bought a 2011 pitch pro as a replacement for a stolen heckler and really enjoying it so far! i test rode a lot of bikes – some of which cost double as much and preferred the pitch. here it is in action 🙂

P1040622 by stuartlangwilson, on Flickr

stuartm555
    Free Member

good review here too if you haven’t yet seen it

Review: 2011 Specialized Pitch Pro

SOAP
    Free Member

My Pitch is The Mutts Nuts and I LOVE it! had a 2008 wolfridge before

Northwind

Man I hate that green. But the poo brown Pitch Pro of a couple of years ago was lovely. I think I’d have bought a Pitch at that point if they’d not sold out of brown, all that was left was the horrible gunmetal.

stuartm555
    Free Member

i’m colour blind so can’t even see it is green 🙂 if i didn’t know better i would say it was yellow!

seanodav
    Free Member

@northwind, when they sold out of bronze there was only blue left.
    bronze was the pro, blue was the comp.

Must admit i quite like the new colour

Leigh2612
    Free Member

@loco, are you a shop?

LoCo
    Free Member

yes at the workshop now, what’s up?

robgarrioch

poo brown Pitch Pro

Not poo brown, it’s (female) swimwear-model deep-thigh-tan brown…

(& many thanks to Loco for recent shock service!)

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers Rob, don’t get me wrong anyone I like the Pitchs too, I just have a Ariel at the moment 😀

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Nothing, just wondered if you were a shop or something (or loco tuning!) as most people don’t just offer their bikes out!
    A guy bought some forks from me a while ago and has sent them for service with you.
    How far are you from cwmcaarn buddy?

LoCo
    Free Member

workshop is about 10 miles from Cwmcarn and surrounded by good trails, bike isn’t with me today and busy over the weekend.
    The bike is a demo/development one so I’m not too presious about 😀

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Cool always useful! Rode my last few bikes at cwmcaarn so should be good to test and compare there

_tom_
    Free Member

I love that green on the Pitch.

The Ariel seems like it’d be worth a look, they get great reviews.. depending what happens with me going Canada I might get one on return to the UK as it looks like a pretty decent do it all trail bike.

backhander
    Free Member

Liking the green. I’m thinking that with 160coil fork and coil rear they’d make a good mini dh bike.

khani
    Free Member

Love mine, can’t do it justice but it makes me giggle

souldrummer
    Free Member

Have to say that the Ariel frameset looks lovely; and at about a grand seems good value.

Northwind

seanodav – Member

@northwind, when they sold out of bronze there was only blue left.
    bronze was the pro, blue was the comp.

This was the year after- the Poo Brown was replaced with a washed out silver. The Terrible Comp Blue With Pink Bits was so bad I don’t even consider it worthy of a slagging.

Still, at least none of them were green and black eh 😉

stevede
    Free Member

LOL I’ve just bought a washed out grey/silver frame today, not the best looking frame but hopefully i’ll enjoy riding it once built up. It’s not the ugliest specialized frame i’ve had though paint job wise – i thought naff paint jobs were mandatory on the longer travel bikes, i had a battleship grey Big Hit and then a sand brown with cable rub as standard finish on an sx trail – both gopping. Personally i think this years black and green is heavily influenced by the whole team Monster energy thing which is a shame as the colours aren’t too bad, nicer than the black and red comp imo.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I want a Pitch. When I was in the market for a six inch playbike I couldn’t lay my hands on one, so I plumped for a Marin Wolf Ridge instead. It’s a proper grin inducing bike, but I daren’t ride a Pitch just in case it makes my two year project feel like a donkey to ride.

SOAP
    Free Member

I had a donkey(wolfridge) before! Awesome bike 🙂 point it downhill and smile. But somehow the pitch just feels better as an all round ALL MOUNTAIN bike.
    So far so good ” I’m lovin it”

chakaping
    Free Member

then a sand brown with cable rub as standard finish on an sx trail

I remember those, you have to wonder exactly what they were thinking making something so revolting.

I thought the silvery and blue Pitches were both perfectly fine. Personal taste applies of course, but I can’t see why anyone would object strongly to them.

The poo brown has dated more IMO.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Peeps who do have ariels what height are you and what sizes?
    Thanks,
    Leigh

stevede
    Free Member

Just a heads up that Ariel geometry is different this year to last, different top tube measurements i think.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I loved my 09 pitch pro and had changed a ‘few’ stock items over time …best of all a new rockshox revelation which balanced the bike perfectly . Never needed the pro pedal as it rode well without it, also an absolute HOOT on the gravity assisted stuff ! I was unfortunate enough to have it stolen in oct and with the insurance money would have gone for the 2011 pitch pro but didn’t like the colour and the fact i managed to grab a 2011 enduro for £50 more 🙂 even happier bunny now

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘saracen ariel vs pitch pro 2011’ is closed to new replies.