Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • SantaCruz Superlight frame owners, what forks you guys running?
  • megastream
    Free Member

I'm waiting for my frame to arrive and need to get some forks, I want to keep the bike as light as possible.

Need a lockout option, would also be nice to have 100-120 externally adjustable.

Any suggestions? – my budget is under £500

TIA

LeeW

I had 08 Fox Talas on mine, cost me £400ish last August from the states. I wish I'd have stuck to some fixed 100mm forks because I couldn't get used to the bike when they were set at 120mm.

dickie
    Free Member

Fox F120, or Reba's are internally adjustable between 100-120mm.
    If you go for external travel adjusters you will be adding weight.
    If your buying new Reba maybe your cheaper option.

I'm hoping to have the money together soon for a Turner DW Flux & bought some 2 month old, mint, F120's for £321, for the travel option & light weight.

Lots run the Superlight at 120mm.

robob
    Free Member

running 08 u-turn revs, but mostly at 120mm, only dropped 'em down a coupla times. if i had the cash for new forks i'd get 120mm rebas with stiff axle thingummy.

AndyP
    Free Member

100mm Rebas

duckman

Reba sl's. Cheap as chips on Merlin just now.

goslow

100mm Reba's here too. They have the poploc but frankly I'd prefer them without. The lever takes up room on the bars, it sticks a bit, needs another cable and is either ON or OFF. I have RockShox forks on another bike and it's easy enough to reach down and turn the compression lever by hand.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Rebas here too, older ones (115)
    Congratulations on your choice of frame, its a mega bike.

Chris.H
    Free Member

Reba Race set at 100mm with poplock

slowjo
    Free Member

115m Rebas

xcstu
    Free Member

Reba teams 09… perfect.

Paceman
    Free Member

100mm Reba Teams

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Scottlacey
    Free Member

I'm currently saving up for a superlight frame only as i want to swap as much over as i can from my rock lobster which has reba teams.
    Not sure on what colour to go for so pictures would be good, quite fancy red but not sure.

thebone
    Free Member

have used both Fox F100 and F120 on mine, much preferred the 120s TBH 😀

Scottlacey, i'm selling my frame in the new year, PM me if your interested, its a 2008 Ano Blue, Medium.
    Ta
    Tony

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Tony
    Might be interested
    Condition, Pictures and price to sjl@sjl4.orangehome.co.uk
    Scott

thebone
    Free Member

ok mate, will send you some info over when i get home from work
    Tony

megastream
    Free Member

Sounds like Reba's then, shame my current ride only has 80mm Reba Teams on 😐 could have used those….

Stiff called me this arvo', the frame is having the King headset and XTR chainset fitted in the morning, it'll be delivered to me on Friday 8)

I've upgraded to the RP23 rear :mrgreen:

Mole
    Free Member

Another vote for 120's here.

dickie
    Free Member

megastream – take the spacer out of your Reba's – you should be able to take old Reba's up to 115mm.
    Is very easy to do.

ocelot
    Free Member

what stem length you running with a 100mm fork. finding 90mm very twitchy on my super. surprised to find something as long as a 110/120 run on the carbon blur in the last issue. any suggestions welcome. can include ones on grammar too!

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Dickie

megastream – take the spacer out of your Reba's – you should be able to take old Reba's up to 115mm.
    Is very easy to do.

I would like to try this on my reba teams.
    Any instructions/pictures on what to do?

Scott

dickie
    Free Member

Service manual

Page 4 – usually its just a fat clip on the rod.

Having looked at the diagram, I'm not sure it can be done on 80mm's.

benman
    Free Member

Reba teams here too. I would have thought the 80mm Rebas just have ALL of the travel adjust spacers in. Should go up to 115mm – 120mm by removing them?

Travis

120 Here too

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘SantaCruz Superlight frame owners, what forks you guys running?’ is closed to new replies.