Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Santacruz Grease gun – replacement cartridges
  • ss
    Free Member

hi

anyone know of a good cheapish place to get a replacement cartridge of grease for a blur lt?

cheers

Stu661
    Free Member
    ss
    Free Member

Cheers

That’s quite pricey when you add on £3 postage though

fisgard
    Free Member

is there an alternative grease more readily available/economical that can be used

druidh
    Free Member

Is the 3oz cartridge a standard size?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I use the Super Lube cartridges which fit the gun. Bought 3 cartridges and some Super Lube silicon spray from somewhere in the UK but can’t remember where. It’s designed for applications like outboard motors etc so is designed to repel water etc. If you can’t find the tubes you can get a 400g tub for about £15 and just refill the tube

neil853
    Free Member

Yeah I bought some marine grease from amazon, have a look on MTBr, that’s where I got the link form. The stuff I got looks exactly the same and cost £6 for three cartridges

ss
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies

It would appear that this is the grease you get with the santacruz gun.

http://www.super-lube.com/super-lube-synthetic-grease-cartridge-3oz-model-21036-p-28.html

I’m damned if I can find it anywhere online in the uk though.

Captain, I don’t suppose you remember where you got it?

Cheers

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Captain, I don’t suppose you remember where you got it?

Sorry, no I can’t but it was from an industrial supplier as I remember I had to place a reasonable order to justify the cost of postage, hence why I got 3 tubes and the silicone spray

If you Google Super Lube there are quite a few hits for UK places that supply it but you might have to search deeper to find replacement cartridges

I think in future I will just keep the empty cartridge, buy one of the 400g tubs for £15 and just refill them. 400g is the equivelant of about 4.5 tubes so pretty good value

Frankers
    Free Member

Isn’t this the STUFF

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Right stuff, wrong package. If you look under the tube is says “for illustrative purposes only”. What they are actually selling there is the 400g tub

mozzie
    Free Member

I have the SC greasegun and I bought a large cartridge of Yamaha marine grease from local outboard/lawnmower servicing shop for £10. It’s great, high performance stuff.
    I just unscrewed the top off the SC gun, took the cap off the grease cartridge and pulled the plunger out as I pushed the gun in to the cartridge. You do have to scrape grease off the outside of the gun but it’s not that much effort.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Apologies for digging this up but…

neil853 – Member
    Yeah I bought some marine grease from amazon, have a look on MTBr, that’s where I got the link form. The stuff I got looks exactly the same and cost £6 for three cartridges

Are you UK based, as the Amazon link is .com and is stated they won’t ship outside US for that three cart pack?

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-Marine-Grease-3Pc-3oz/dp/B000CPJN1A

Annoying as it’s a bargain. $9.5 for three, and yet here it’s £9 for one!

Really struggling to find something in the UK. Doesn’t have to be this stuff, just something compatible with the gun and good marine grease, and not a rip off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Santacruz Grease gun – replacement cartridges’ is closed to new replies.