Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Santa Cruz Uk warranty -What are they like?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Just snapped the bolt that holds the wedge into the collet on the upper link on my 2012 Blur LTc.
    Have no idea what to do now.
    I used a torque wrench set to the recommended torque for the bolt.
    My choices are limited all I think I can do is to drill it out and risk buggering the frame and or the upper link.
    I’ve emailed Santa Cruz UK and US just to see what they say.
    Anybody know what the frame warranty is like? Any chance this will be covered? Will they be helpful?Any experiences?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Where are you? they’re just down the road from me, but I’ve no direct experience.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Personally I reckon you should be asking what is the warranty like on your torque wrench.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Pretty good in my experience

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Oh….just realised you posted earlier about bodging a bearing press – fingers crossed everything works out OK for you.

I’d maybe speak to them first, before taking a drill to the link. I’ve dealt with Jonty at SC who seems pretty helpful.

Stu_N

Very good for me; main pivot went wobbly in my Nickel – they sent me new bits out same day I spoke to them to fix it as needed it sorted in a hurry.

I just had to send them old bits and anything unused back, whihc I did a few days later.

Top service.

zelak999
    Free Member

@agentdagnamit
    Yes my earlier post was about the lower link (that I still have to sort out) would have happily bought the bearing press but no UK stock. Worst case with that is I have to buy a new lower link.
    Worst case with my new problem is I bugger the frame!!
    I have emailed SC and hope they can help.

@IanMunro

the torque wrench is new but as you point out SC may well tell me to whistle.
    Kinda why I was asking the STW massive what they are like really. But thanks for your input.

discoduck
    Free Member

Only good things from me ref SC UK warranty, first hand experience of bearing and frame replacement, they will obviously inspect it first to ensure its not a case of user error !

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Santa cruz UK have been very helpful to be before, 2 bolts had walked out of my ageing blur classic, emailed them about buying 2 new ones (as I didn’t need a whole pro pack) and they were sent free of charge next day..

mrlebowski
    Free Member

No probs with SC Warranty UK or US.

neil853
    Free Member

Santacruz have been excellent for me. Replaced bits under warranty without question. Where are you based? I deal with stif as they’re next door to sc uk

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m based in Devon so it’s a long way for me!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Uk warranty -What are they like?’ is closed to new replies.