Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Santa Cruz Superlight – Owners comments needed
  • Deevass
    Free Member

A possible option for my next frame in the absence of finding a suitable hardtail for my bad back. I’m 6ft so it will be a large with 120mm Fox Forks and XTR / X0 components. Would welcome thoughts on it’s performance, weight, how light your builds are, climbing and descending. I’ll be using it for a mixture of XC, Singletrack and technical trail. Would go Anthem but frame fit felt wrong. Cheers people.

stooo
    Free Member

Some comments here

and the show me your superlights thread I started here.

Been riding mine for couple months now and love it. Came from a Trek Fuel, and also have a Bullit. Climbs really well, really lively on techy single track and I’ve been pretty impressed at how it handles very steep descents.

Mine’s built with short (80mm) stem, wide bars and 120mm maxle rebas. Would definitely rate going with a bolt through fork for extra stiffness.

stooo
    Free Member

Not sure on the weight of mine, but reckon it’s around the 25-26lb mark. Not a heavy frame, but it’s never going to be “Super Light” built up. I’d say go light where you can (XTR/XO Components will help) but keep strong stuff parts where you need em… tough but light wheels and bolt through forks well worth it as it will inspire the hooligan in you a bit more than you’d think for a 100mm frame.

Deevass
    Free Member

Hi Stooo.. Thanks for the links mate, lots of good pointers for the SC Superlight. I’m 5ft 11 so I’m thinking a large. It’s the SC SLight or an On One 456Ti hardtail, I’m thinking the Superlight will help my dodgy back more!!

ezzy
    Free Member

As someone who has recently taken up MTBing, I bought a made in USA vintage bike and upgraded most of the components. My bike’s a large, which at 5’10” I find a perfect fit with a 90mm stem. It weighs a touch over 27 lbs and seems to be a perfect compromise of a good climbing (its strongest point in my opinion) bike with enough to deal with the descents. I have 100mm Reba teams which seem to work really well on it.
    I’m new to all of this so can’t say that I have tried a lot of bikes but it seems to suit my kind of riding- XC with a bit of single track.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Superlight – Owners comments needed’ is closed to new replies.