Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Santa Cruz Juliana
  • the_lecht_rocks

what should SHE expect ?
    bought from anthonyb on this here forum [thanks]…..
    owners thoughts / opinion ?

TIA

mrsflash
    Free Member

I love mine, it's a great bike. Had it 5 years now and can't see me changing it any time soon.

the_lecht_rocks

5 years !
    what attributes do you like so much keeping it for so long ?
    bearing failure rates ?

mrsflash
    Free Member

It's just a great go-anywhere bike, perfect for all day riding, likes to climb but good downhill too (specially since I upgraded my forks recently). I've ridden it everwhere from lakes and dales, to urban Leeds night rides to the Alps and Italy.

I've replaced the bearings once – and for 3 of those 5 years it was my only bike.

The only 2 criticsms I have are that the mud clearance at the back end is poor, but if hers is a new one, then it's a lot better because they've got rid of the brace on the seat stays, and that it's a little flexible at the back, but you get used to that.

Bunnyhop

Same as mrsflash. I've had mine even longer, 6 years I think!

It's a good all round trail bike, not too heavy, gets me down most things and up most things. Easy on the eye and comfortable for all day riding.

O.k. It doesn't have the set up for massive forks but most of the girls I know who ride them are light and don't need loads of suspension.

I've only had one tiny problem in all the years of riding it.

the_lecht_rocks

it's a 2009 and has a 2009 pair of SID's fitted [100mm].
    looks like a cracking wee bike and the MTBR reviews / owner opinions seem to match yours !
    will post up riding / action pics once we get clear of the snow 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

will be good to see pics, I hope she likes it 🙂

here is mine in action in Liguria last September;

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

As far as I am aware it is just about identical to the Superlight so that might give you another pool of information. (I love my '03 superlight)
    Maybe the top tube length has been reduced slightly?
    Mark

gingerflash

"just about identical to the Superlight"

That's right. A little shorter in the top tube and made of slightly lighter tubing.

I have the newer shape superlight. The back end on the new design is much stiffer than the old one. rear tyre clearance is huge, can fit your whole hand between stays and a typical 2.2.

Some of the paint finishes aren't very tough but the anodising is excellent.

They can ride quite nicely with longer forks too. MrsF and I both run 100-130mm Revelations.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I'm with you there gingerflash, i'm running a 130 dual air Rev on mine 🙂

ART

Another 'great bike' confirmation if you needed it… I decided I was between sizes for the Juliana and bought a 'blokes' small back in 2002, was basically the only thing I rode pretty much everywhere for 4 years until its sister Heckler (see the pattern there … 😉 )knocked her off top spot. Only ever had to change the bearings once, although all the parts got changed progressively over the years, including an Argos re-spray at one point. Wouldn't sell it mind – still a cracking bike.

the_lecht_rocks

thanks for the feedback ladies 🙂

yetiguy
    Free Member

Got one for my son, he certainly rates it !!

the_lecht_rocks

yeti guy – how's it standing up in pic 1 ? 🙂

c
    Free Member

Hmm and I'm thinking of selling mine. You're persuading me to keep it, my bank balance is persuading me to sell….

the_lecht_rocks

thanks to Anthonyb…………

Mrs TLR's new Juliana :
    It took us a while to find a suspension bike that fitted and rode well enough for her to consign her HT to urban duties, but we're there now 🙂

anniison
    Free Member

The new Juliana and Superlight ARE identical on the latest design when you compare the specs from Santa Cruz themselves. I went for the medium SL recently and theyre fantastic bikes. Like Mrs Flash said, great up and down hill, I feel like mine was made just for me. Love it :o)

the_lecht_rocks

hey anniison – so great to hear so many happy girls on juliana's 🙂
    Mrs TLR is relishing her next thrash already !

anthonyb
    Free Member

Hi Simon,

im so glad it fits well and shes enjoying it! All the best!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Juliana’ is closed to new replies.