Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Santa Cruz geometry terms and sizing
  • jemima
    Free Member

Looking at Santa Cruz geo tables. What on earth are ‘reach’ and ‘stack’?

Whilst we’re at it anybody around 6’1″ on a Bronson? L or XL?

jsync

I have an XL and I’m 6’1″, fits lovely. Would recommend a test ride though.

jsync

jemima
    Free Member

Thanks and thanks. Test rode an L and thought it was a bit short. Found the reach and stack dims on Orange website – not terms I’ve used before 🙂

dekadanse
    Free Member

Santas are mostly small for their stated size.
    I have an XL TR with 50mm stem and it fits perfectly – I’m 6′ with 33″ inside leg. Have previously owned XL Blur XC and XL Superlight, with similar excellent fit.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ and have a L Bronson with a 35mm stem. As above, would recommend a test ride – I’ve not ridden many Santa Cruz bikes before the Bronson so can’t compare, but geo seems roughly in line with other brands i’ve had before. I compared the reach/stack etc with the L Meta SX I had before and there wasn’t much in it.

Depends on what you like I guess 🙂

honourablegeorge

Reach is the one that makes a lot of sense for me, as top tube lengths are too dependent on other factors to really be comparable.

p7rich
    Free Member

Agree SC bikes size-up somewhat smallish. I’m 6′ 2″ and rode a Large Blur LT for years. Always suspected it was a bit undersized. I’ve since moved on to a (non SC) XL frame and now i KNOW it was too small.

mtbscoop
    Free Member

6ft 1 and ride a large Bronson with a 70mm stem. Feels spot on for me. I’ve had a Heckler and Superlight in the past and all were a Large too (with 90mm stems).

steveh

I’m 5’7″ and would have a large Bronson – xl all the way for you.

tomhoward

6’1, ride a large solo with a 70 mm stem and a large Newmad with a 50mm stem.

Demo, demo, demo….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz geometry terms and sizing’ is closed to new replies.