Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Santa Cruz Butcher on EBay
  • tombecker
    Free Member

Bought a brand new Santa Cruz butcher frame on eBay from Marek_Seller in Bridgewater. Had seven frames for sale, all One day auction. No communication and no sign of a frame, anyone else in the same boat?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably seven other silly billy’s. The listings look dodgy as owt

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Had seven frames for sale, all One day auction

Oh dear.

Sorry, but you’ve been scammed. 7 Butchers? If it wasn’t a “real” shop or the importer, I’d be running a mile.

highclimber
    Free Member

please tell me you used PP?

Rickos
    Free Member

PayPal? No worries. Bank transfer/cheque? Big worries.

nealglover
    Free Member

He’s sold almost £20,000’s worth of stuff since the beginning of May !

Turning over £150k a year on eBay isn’t bad going.

tombecker
    Free Member

PayPal, just reported, they said I get my money back if he doesn’t respond!

tombecker
    Free Member

Anyone else bought from him should get in touch with eBay or paypal

nealglover
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if he’s on the rob. (unless his account has been hacked?)

He’s been selling lots of expensive stuff over the last 7 weeks, and if he wasn’t sending any of them, presumably his account would be done and closed by now.

tombecker
    Free Member

On a lighter note, anyone ridden the butcher? Had heckler’s all my life, thinking this eBay thing is a sign I should stick with them?

tombecker
    Free Member

That’s what I thought, however, his phone number is unregistered, and all his items vanished with no more listings at the end of the butcher auctions?

nealglover
    Free Member

Will have to wait and see I guess.

The previous sales could have been bogus, to make him look genuine then go for one last big day of sales and disappear ?

smudge
    Free Member

On a positive note, he does have excellent feedback and does say 11-12 working days for delivery, fingers crossed

footflaps

I hope you haven’t paid for it…

nealglover
    Free Member

I hope you haven’t paid for it.

From reading what’s been posted above.

It’s been paid for.

tombecker
    Free Member

Payed through paypal, they reckon they will pay me back if nothing is heard or achieved with the seller within ten days. Lack of communication got me suspicious but I could be totally wrong, will find out soon enough!

xiphon
    Free Member

PayPal will *attempt* to get your money back, assuming he’s not moved it on already (which is entirely possible).

Although he can’t withdraw large amounts unless positive feedback is recieved, he can sent the money to another PP account… and withdraw from that one.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Do you not remember the thread I started a few weeks ago about suspiciously cheap Orange’s?

The feedback was excellent, but a year old. Suddenly selling expensive mountain bikes – 10 available – and suddenly a couple of poor feedbacks and the guy has disappeared. Clearly a hacked account – high value sales, collect payment and run….

Does sound similar to you. Who would be trying to get the most for a high value item on a 1 day sale – ie too short for suspicions to be flagged for the hacked account holder to notice?

hora
    Free Member

I dont get how it would work? Money is held byPP for 21days until feedback received?

How cheap are we talking anyway? Silly cheap then your a dick as the first thing I would think is stolen frames.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Nickels are 50% off in the states

price falls in line with that,

dumped stock at discount price

looks dodgy though

tracknicko
    Free Member

don;t think i’ve ever bought anything off ebay that didn’t have a real picture. a stock catalogue photo can be grabbed in less than a second.

did you see a real pic of the product?

xiphon
    Free Member

Any product can be Googled in a second to provide a picture for you…. just look on PinkBike if you need a ‘bicycle’ photo…

hora
    Free Member

I didn’t mean to be rude to the OP BTW as in part you do feel ‘safe’ with the PP spiel as a Buyer and the ‘top seller’ marketing etc. So in part its Ebays fault along with the scammer. Looking at the seller history though there is no bicycle stuff which would worry me.

Drac

don;t think i’ve ever bought anything off ebay that didn’t have a real picture. a stock catalogue photo can be grabbed in less than a second.

did you see a real pic of the product?

Here’s my Butcher, together with manual.

Paypal will refund all and chase this mofo down with the standard debt collecters as ‘amount owing’.

Harsh lesson but like my granddad used to say ‘anything that looks to good to be true is usually a scam” ….

Keep hounding them if you meet some resistance but i’m almost positive you will be rembursed

darryl1983
    Free Member

When did you pay for it? The ebay ad I looked at stated dispatched within 10 working days via parcel force 48. So delivery could be upto 2 and a half weeks.

khani
    Free Member

Here’s my Butcher and Manuel….

alfabus
    Free Member

PMSL @khani 😆 😀

khani
    Free Member

😀 No really, he is my butcher..thats his “I’m outraged at the pasty tax” pic from the local rag..
    South green willibicky…

gary

All those duplicate items of feedback from the same user doesn’t smell very good to me 🙁

tombecker
    Free Member

Drac, are you implying you bought yours from this marek_seller chap?!?

Mike_D
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure Drac’s just demonstrating how easy it is to get a picture to make an ebay listing for something you don’t actually have. Or indeed seven things you don’t have.

tombecker
    Free Member

Right, just had my my money refunded and an apology saying snags with his supplier. So not really sure what was going on but I’ve learnt a bit about eBay and PayPal in the process. PayPal are much better at sorting stuff out than eBay!

Drac

Yeah as Mike says just demonstrating that any pic on ebay is not to be trusted.

Glad to hear you have your money back that’s the important thing.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“Right, just had my my money refunded and an apology saying snags with his supplier.”

Hmm did some one disturb the thieving scummy b@stards as they were sourcing your bike… 😈

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Butcher on EBay’ is closed to new replies.