Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Santa cruz Bullit advice please :)
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

I’m getting some new forks for my Bullit and would like some advice from Bullit owners as to what travel they ride and what make of forks etc? iv’e currently got some Zocchi AM 4’s which are ok but i’m selling them and thinking of buying some Magura Wotans does anyone recommend these forks? and advice or comments would be very helpful indeed 🙂
    Also if anyone rides more than 160mm travel what are they like when you need to do a bit of XC or climbing, I know its a freeride/downhill bike but sometimes it gets used for light XC or a few climbs here and there.

Cheers

scaredypants

Mine’s a 2003 or 4 model, if that makes a difference

1st started with 100mm x-vert on it – was actually quite good for XC

Then a boxxer (7 inch), then a marz z1 (150mm), now a marz 66 (170mm)

It’s never going to *really* climb, so you have to sit & spin anyway. Longer, plusher fork makes this even more so. Adjustable travel might be best for you?

(also, shifting the shock mounts can steepen angles a bit)

walleater

I put 180mm 07 66s on mine and it was awesome pointing the bike down, but uphill or even on the flat was a bit of a nightmare as the seat angle was far too slack. Yes you can adjust the angles / BB height with the shock shuttle but I found pedalling interfered with the shock on the steeper setting. You could of course buy an adjustable fork or at least something with ETA. I used a toe strap to lock my fork down.

titaniumtit
    Free Member

Lyriks would probably suit the bullit for adjustability imho.

rhid

I have Mantiou shermans 170mm on my 08 bullit and they are pretty good. I can ride the bike a up and down stuff nicely. Its no XC bike on the climbs but its easy enough to grind away even technical climbs!

mboy
    Free Member

When I had my 04 Bullit, I ran it with some 7″ Boxxers and it was ace, though of course not the best for climbing.

Depends what your intended use for the bike is really, if it’s more XC then something like a Lyrik with adjustable travel would be ideal, if more DH then something like the Marzocchi 66’s with adjustable travel (140-180mm) is agood bet. Bullit’s seem to ride well almost regardless of the fork travel to be honest, but of course bigger is better, so best get some 7″ travel forks on there and have done with it 😉

Doug
    Free Member

07 66 ETA’s are what I’d put on it if I wanted to ride it up anything steeper than flat.

TheSwede
    Free Member

I run fox float 36’s on my 08 bullit. At the mo its set up with a super short cage and road cassette so the gearing’s naff for any thing other than down but with a normal set up and xc tyres / tubes / seat repositioned it was ok for xc / up. No rocket up hill but ok.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Santa cruz Bullit advice please :)’ is closed to new replies.