Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Santa Cruz bronson bearings
  • jimmon2008
    Free Member

Any bronson owners help with frequency of needing to replace the frame bearings? On bike website it says riding in muddy wet uk winters they say that the bearings will only last between 6-9 months tops even with regular maintenance

I’m aware SC offer free bearing replacement, but even so sounds as bad as my yeti, any experience is appreciated

Thanks

jemima
    Free Member

My bike gets a fair bit of abuse, is 1.5 years old and is on its second set. In retrospect I reckon I could’ve got more life out of the main bearings actually. They looked in pretty good condition when I removed them and a small preload tweak would’ve sorted out the slop for a while longer.

The rocker link bearings were in a bit of a nastier state, bit rusty and notchy.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Just replaced mine in my mk1 at 2 years old. They we’re starting to feel a bit rough but I didn’t think they were too bad. Although now I’ve changed them I can say with hindsight they were affecting performance. Keep them greased and don’t ride around with the pivot axles loose and the bearings should last a longer than 6-9months!

mildbore

Mine were changed under warranty (ie shop fitted them for free) just over a year after I bought the bike. This was after a wet year of 2-3 weekly rides in the Dark Peak in all conditions. A couple of times I removed and regreased the pivot axle and cleaned the bearings etc and on one occasion I prised off the bearing covers and added fresh grease (this may be why they only lasted a year cos I’m a klumsy klutz who can never do this job without bending the covers). They were replaced because one of the bearings (main linkage pivot, drive side) had seized, all the other bearings were fine. The mechanic reckons I wash my bike too much (this may be true, it’s mine and I’ll wash it as often as I want)

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Mine lasted lot longer than that about 12 months, did a lot of mileage

Stevelol
    Free Member

Mine are 2 years old now, 5010C. Clean them out and regrease every few months. It’s my only bike, riding at least once a week M I don’t wash it much though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz bronson bearings’ is closed to new replies.