Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Santa Cruz Blur LTc For Choice Fox 32 150mm or 36 160mm?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

I’m buying a Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon and would like some fork recommendations.
    I’m torn between the Fox TALAS 32 150mm and the 36 TALAS 160mm.
    I test ridden the Blur LTc with 150 revelations and it was great but i prefer the feel of Fox shox.
    Anybody have any experience with either of these forks on the SC Blur LTc?
    I like the idea of the beefy 36 fork, not too worried about the additional weight.
    Is there much difference to ride feel with the 160 travel because of the slacker head angle?
    I mainly ride trail centres, Afan, Cwmcarn etc.
    Weight about 185 lbs inc kit.
    Any advice is welcome.

br
    Free Member

Just to be different, have you tried either the Magura Thor or Bos fork?

I’ve the Thor and its stiff and dependable, and a Pal tested the Bos which he’s now buying as opposed to the Fox’s.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve had a few different forks on my LTc, including a 36 Talas and a Rev 150. The stiffness of the 36 matched the bike really well, and made it proper capable on rough DH stuff. I don’t know the figures, but the 36s felt like they had way more trail…too much for me as the bike felt too slow to steer for most riding. Best compromise for me is the Rev 150, which seems to match the frame nicely & is a decent all-rounder. So I guess in your shoes I’d go with the Fox 32.

goatster
    Free Member

Wouldn’t go for Talas, I ran my blur with 36 vans, never needed to wind the forks down to get up anywhere, they also are the worst feeling with the most to go wrong of the fox range.
    Personally I would go solo air lyrics at 160mm… thats what I now run on my nomad c only at 170…

T

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Blur LTc For Choice Fox 32 150mm or 36 160mm?’ is closed to new replies.