Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sanderson Soloist
  • JAM29er
    Free Member

Who's got/had one?
    Are they any good(is bb really creak free)?

flyingfox
    Free Member

StirlingCrispin's bought one from us. He sent me an email telling me how great it is so that's pretty positive. He came from an On One. Finishing is superb on these frames and most importantly, the company is superb to deal with. Love them.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Wish they did a 29er ss.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I've got one and it's very nice. Haven't got time to post a pic and tell you all aboot it at the moment but will do later.

K

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I have one, very nice to ride, EBB really does not creak.

ken_shields
    Free Member

BB is very easy to use and makes adjusting chain tension an absolute doddle. It doesn't creak at all.

The frames are really nicely finished and the Soloist is more of a regular shape that the Sanderson Life in as much as it doesn't a long tope tube (I've had both).

It rides really nicely but isn't as twangy as the Life because it's not made from an 853 tube set.

Mine is probably gonna get Alfined at some point as my knees don't seem to get on with SSing too well

Anyway here's a couple of pics just taken in the sunshine

JAM29er
    Free Member

Thanks people.

Wish they did a 29er ss.

Me too!

Ken – thanks for the pics, nice. What size is that/how tall are you?

Thanks – James

ken_shields
    Free Member

That's a 20" frame and I'm 6'4"

It's got a 20mm laybay post with a 100mm stem and fits me fine

HTTP404
    Free Member

Just bought one off ebay. Think I got it for a good price at a £130 but also had to collect.
    Nice ritchey drop outs. Excellent finish.
    Is ebb creakiness not down to a lack of grease? Not sure.

I've gone for a luddite build. I'll post a pic later.

StirlingCrispin

As Pete says, I really like mine.
    Have had it for just four weeks but really like it.

Doesn't feel lighter than my old Inbred but certainly rides that way.
    Have really enjoyed blattering it along the singletrack. And the bottom bracket hasn't creaked yet.

I'm 6ft1 and ride a 20" frame.

julianwilson
    Free Member

wow, was that £130 new? My lbs is still asking £300 for theirs.

I thought the bb was on its way out on my soloist, and I happened to change the chain (and subsequently reset the EBB) whereupon the noise stopped. Though I would describe it as a click rather than creak. But what a nice frame to ride it is, and the yummy wels and slightly pimpy headbadge are nice too. Looks better with sliver parts and rims IMO but these days you can't always find the right bits in silver. Took me aaages to find wide-but-not-DH silver risers in 25.4 for example.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sanderson Soloist’ is closed to new replies.