• This topic has 24 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Sanderson frames
  • trailertrash

Been thinking of a hardtail for a while. Like the Soul but have to admit I am bit bored of black and the orange is too loud and at that price I want to like the colour as well as the tech spec without going for a re-spray. Forgive me….

The Sandersons look really nice too, same price, similar geometry, nicer colour and I can buy one from a relatively LBS. Anyone got one? Feedback?

Sanderson

ojom
    Free Member

We have em on display – not a main line item by any stretch of the imagination but seem to be a solid design and appear popular with certain people.

They are nice basically, you couldn’t go far wrong with one.

wwaswas

they got a good review in WhatMtb recently.

trailertrash

Which ones have you got in the shop?

StirlingCrispin

I have a Sanderson Life and a Soloist.

The Life was the nicest finished frame I’ve ever seen. Has been ridden hard, several times a week over the last year and I love it. I’m 6ft1 and have a 18″ frame – the 20″ would have worked too.
    Both frames were purchased from Flying Fox in Alva. Pete has demo Soloists for test-riding.

The Soloist (20″)is a nice bike too – has been ridden hard too over the last 6 months. Mine’s the old-skool non-853 one.

Life

Soloist

cynic-al
    Free Member

The £550 Sanderson is 5.5lb, the soul just over 4lb, I know where my money would go, no matter how bad th ecolour.

hora
    Free Member

£550 whats that one? I dont remember seeing a Sanderson that heavy or expensive.

trickydisco
    Free Member

The £550 Sanderson is 5.5lb, the soul just over 4lb, I know where my money would go, no matter how bad the colour.

??
    Model – Breath
    Weight – 4.8lbs (18 inch)

Model – Life
    Weight – 4.6lbs (18 inch)

Can’t see any sanderson frames quoted as 5.5?

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s actual weight, not from any website.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Bought from the forums, resprayed and singlespeeded – whichever the cheaper of the Life/Breath is.

Absolutely love it!

turboferret

I like my Life, not given it a huge amount of thrashing, bought from the classifieds on here.

Cheers, Rich

£470 for a Soul and £550 for a Sanderson? I think I need to put my prices up 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

Al, which one is £550?

My 18″ not-853 soloist probably does weigh 5.5lb, but it has a hoofin’ great EBB in the middle of it. [edit] and costs considerably less than £550. Mine was £260 new.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ve got a Life – love it. It gives such a nice ride and is great at climbing.

tomcrow99

I have a Breath and love it.
    Was nice and cheap at £225 I have no idea what the frame on it’s own weighed but my build comes in at about 27.5 lbs (no longer using gaffa tape as a chainstay protector either)

Mate just bought a life frame for £250 off Ebay brand new

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Noticed the Breath on ebay for £199 with £15 postage, very tempting.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a life, and theres no way its 5.5lb, 4.5lb I might believe, but its stil pretty light.

hora
    Free Member

What forks are you running on yours guys?

cynic-al
    Free Member

All I can say is I was in a shop with a £550 Sanderson frame hanging up. I picked it up and said “that’s heavy”. Staff weighted it, 5.5lb, said it was CEN tested.

ojom
    Free Member

Are you sure Al? If it was us then we don’t do any Sandersons that cost £550 and weigh that much.

£400-450 and 5lbs is closer to what we have.

Maybe the scales were having an off day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmmm maybe £450 then, blokey def said 5.5lb!

hora
    Free Member

Would you get away with the Life on 140mm air forks?

Stuck between a 18 and 16″. I remember the 18″ I had as being abit long. Cant remember the stem or saddle position I used though so would probably use a 50mm Thomson. I’m 6ft1 and like slightly compact.

takisawa2

I like the look of them. I prefer the non-wishbone design for the seat stays. Good prices too. Fancy trying the Breath if one came up cheap.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

140mm air forks

It’s an XC bike! More like 100mm SID’s or Rebas. Tried mine briefly at 120mm and it just felt like I’d spoilt the ride.

hora
    Free Member

I’m ‘sure’ I ran mine with Pikes previously.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Sanderson frames’ is closed to new replies.