• This topic has 45 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Samsung TV broken
  • Cougar

The retailer said basically ‘go away/any issues is handled by the manufacturer’

To which the reply is “just so we’re clear for legal reasons, would you mind putting in writing that you’re refusing to honour my statutory rights?”

bitasuite
    Free Member

Just an update. Good news, I have phoned Amazon and they almost immediately offered to send a courier and issue a refund. After reading up on my rights according to SOGA they had to I suppose. Credit where its due though – thanks Amazon.

Thanks so much for all of your input too. I owe you a pint!

Phil

RustyMac

Nice, with the rate of progression of tv’s you will probably be able to get an even nicer one now.

Northwind

takisawa2 – Member

“We do not consider failure after 14 months to be indicative of a manufacturing fault”

Or to phrase it differently, “it’s totally normal for this shit to break after 14 months”

cbike
    Free Member

Send a 14 day notice. Proceed to small claims. I did this with a faulty telly from online company. Must be fit for purpose etc. Got money back and bought next one from John Lewis. Didn’t need to actually do small claims part. Also handy having a sister who is a lawyer.

Drac

Or contact them without silly threats like he did and then get your refund.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Samsung TV broken’ is closed to new replies.