Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Samsung Tabs with £50 cash back offer
  • Mounty_73

We bought a Tab just before Christmas with the £50 cash back offer.

Has anyone been successful and managed to get the cash back?

ironside7000
    Free Member

I bought a Note 10.1 – took a while but the cash back does arrive 🙂

Mounty_73

Thats good to hear, we had the email to say that the claim had been validated, but nothing since…

cp

It takes something like up to 6 weeks after that validated email.

ironside7000
    Free Member

It appears on your statement as OPIA Limited SAM…. then a reference number. You should be fine if you have been notified.

Mounty_73

Its been about 7 weeks since we received the email, I guess it could show up any time now…

Origin_Al

Mounty, like yourself I didn’t hear anything for ages after recieving the validation e mail so I forwarded the validation e mail to the e mail address at the bottom of the e mail (in my case help@samsungbacktocollege.com)asking if this request was still being processed and hey presto 3 days later the readies turned up,

Mounty_73

Mounty, like yourself I didn’t hear anything for ages after recieving the validation e mail so I forwarded the validation e mail to the e mail address at the bottom of the e mail (in my case help@samsungbacktocollege.com)asking if this request was still being processed and hey presto 3 days later the readies turned up,

Great, I did just that, sent the email this morning 🙂

hjghg5
    Free Member

Looks like mine hasn’t shown up yet (I got the validation email) so I might give that a go.

angeldust
    Free Member

They don’t make it easy to get your money back. After my initial cash back application they requested additional purchase information and a photo of the tablet that showed the serial number. That was not part of the terms and conditions, but I sent it away, and eventually (they took a couple of weeks to reply) sent me a validation email. That was a month ago today and the money was not in my account when I checked this morning (they quote 30 days + 5 for bank transfer). I think they want to make it so difficult that most people won’t bother to complete the process. In terms of customer service, Samsung are not doing themselves any favors.

The tablet itself is great.

jon1973
    Free Member

It took time, but I got my £50 back. I didn’t really have any problems with the claim itself, but I did call them to see exactly what was expected (got straight through to the call centre, and they told me what I needed to know). I just scanned the VAT invoice and uploaded it to them.

jonnyrockymountain

I bought a Samsung tv with the cash back deal
    What a farse and took about 6 week
    I would think again next time and pick some other deal instead,

sugdenr
    Free Member

I think they want to make it so difficult that most people won’t bother to complete the process.

You think? Have to claim between 15 and 30 days to qualify???

I was told that cashback is common in the US and this is Samsungs UK trial. The whole point is to get more money than it costs to run the scheme.

Just got my validation email.

jon1973
    Free Member

They told me the 15 day thing was to stop people putting in a claim and then returning the item for a refund (particularly under the distance selling regs). Not sure why they put such a tight upper limit on it.

angeldust
    Free Member

Yeah, all seems a bit underhand and dishonest to me.

I’d expect a big company like Samsung to be more concerned about their reputation (perhaps I am expecting too much!). They have gone down in my estimations.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s about making the deal sound good but hoping that most wont use it. Remember Hoover and flights promotion?

The Hoover free flights promotion was a marketing promotion begun in 1992 in which the British division of The Hoover Company promised free airline tickets to customers who purchased more than £100 worth of their products. However, what Hoover had not anticipated was that huge numbers of customers started buying Hoover products not because they wanted the actual appliances, but simply because they wanted the tickets.
    Initially the offer was for two round-trip tickets to Europe, but later it was expanded to the USA, at which point the consumer response increased enormously, as the normal price of these flights was several times more than the £100 purchase required to get free tickets. The company subsequently found itself overwhelmed by the demand for tickets (and even for new vacuum cleaners) and the cost of the flights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover_free_flights_promotion

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Samsung Tabs with £50 cash back offer’ is closed to new replies.