Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Samsung smart hub/Eurosport player????
  • tang
    Free Member

Just got a new TV as an insurance replacement. Previously our Panasonic I had the Eurosport player app loaded. Can’t find it on the Samsung smart hub. Not much info online. One of the reasons I have a smart tv!

tang
    Free Member

Anyone managed to get the Eurosport player going on a Samsung smart TV? Excuse the late night post, had been fiddling about for ages trying to work out if it’s possible.

cranberry
    Free Member

Samsung do ( did ? ) lock their TVs to certain regions – for example, mine bought in Holland cannot install iPlayer – it simply doesn’t appear in the list of available apps. Check with whoever supplied the TV if Eurosport is an option on your TV.

And yes, Samsung sucks for doing this.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I know this isn’t what you asked/want to hear but its best to keep the smart technology seperate from the tv, easier to upgrade, more flexibility and frankly more reliable.

tang
    Free Member

I know I can cast from chrome, but annoying as its £30 to just use Eurosport. A quick google prior to recieving the TV seemed to suggest Eurosport being compatible with Samsung.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I have a series 5 samsung smart tv with eurosport player. I have a samsung PVR too which doesn’t have eurosport player app.

I don’t think all smart hubs on all samsung smart tvs are the same.

tang
    Free Member

This is a series 5 too. ??

andyl
    Free Member

My Samsung Blu-ray doesn’t have it. Tbh I would just go Chromecast or the new android tv.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I have recently bought a Firestick and installed Kodi, should be able to get it on there, or looking through Kodi bin it off altogether.
    Less hassle than casting.

hot_fiat

The big issue with Samsung and the way that they work is that it’s not one OS that they release. It’s that OS for that specific tv or pvr and region. There’s a huge thread on the Vimeo site about how shoddy Samsung are: effectively if you develop an app you have to re-code it for every single model and release. As you can imagine this is right pita & consequently the number of apps that are available depends on how popular your tv is.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP pay the £30 or think about a different box such as an m8s as they will offer much more than the smarts in the TV.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Samsung smart hub/Eurosport player????’ is closed to new replies.