Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Samsung Galaxy S2 or Iphone 4
  • brickwizard
    Free Member

Trying to gety an upgrade deal on Orange but cant decide which phone!
    Been on hold for 10 mins listening to some not bad tunes though

donsimon
    Free Member

S2.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not quite the same but recently I was looking for a “smartphone without the phone” and compared a load of android models such as the Galaxy S Wifi and they all felt sluggish and shit compared to the iPod Touch 4 which I will probably be getting soon.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I like pretty much all things Google, but in a currently running PC World (I think) advert they’re extolling the virtues of Android powered tablets, followed immediately with an offer of Norton Antivirus for said tablets (“Stay virus free this Xmas”) – for this reason I’m out.
    Daughter #1 has an Android phone and it’s a pain in the a***, she’s borrowed a blueberry while it goes off for repair. If I could afford a 3GS I’d get one for her.

chakaping
    Free Member

I got an S2 last week, very pleased with it so far.

Not a techy person, but find it quite user-friendly enough – which was my main concern about Android.

sam_underhill

neither. Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I’ve had mine for <24hrs so far (but previous phone was an HTC desire), screen is amazing, 720p on a phone!

chakaping
    Free Member

she’s borrowed a blueberry

I got a banana when my old mobile broke, but the reception was rubbish.

GrahamS

PC World (I think) advert they’re extolling the virtues of Android powered tablets, followed immediately with an offer of Norton Antivirus

Yep, facepalmed as soon as I saw that advert.

How to shoot yourself in both feet in one easy move. 🙄

chojin
    Free Member

Go for android if you like geeky things
    Go for iPhone if you don’t like geeky things

Seeemples.

dan1980
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI[/video]

I have, and like my S2. Have played with friends Iphones and wasn’t impressed. They’ll all work as phones and have shiny bits of software to do stuff. Go to a shop, have a play, and see which you prefer.

fontmoss
    Free Member

s2

brickwizard
    Free Member

After 27 minutes on phone to Orange found out that there is no good deals to be had on the Iphone. Dont spend enough per month aparantly.
    However they offered a good deal on an S2 after I asked for a pac code!

Only they arent in stock! argggg

deadpixel1
    Free Member

The answer is tricky so let me answer with a question; Do you want better spec or a highly revered status symbol? The iPhone is a must have gadget and a status symbol of our time. The Galaxy S2 is a high powered beast of a phone with a dual core processor. Personally I’m not taken in by trends so I would go with the Galaxy S2. Alternatively you increase your budget buy iPhone 4S which is as powerful as the Galaxy S2.

lowey

HTC Sensation.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

galaxy note

Brake-neck
    Free Member

S2

Milkie
    Free Member

Go for an iPhone, haven’t got to worry about viruses then… for the time being… Also damn easy to use, grandparents have/had them!

Cougar

Given the choice between an SGS2 and an iPhone, I’d get a SIM only tariff. Sensation here.

Go for an iPhone, haven’t got to worry about viruses then

In a 10+ year history of owning a mobile phone, I can’t say as I’ve ever had to worry about viruses.

BrickMan

just be aware the samsung is a great device, but samsung are a terrible company to deal with.
    Don’t expect any accessories to be released for it, and the driver updates HAVE to be done via samsung kies which is THE most offensive, annoying, run time hungry, piece of excrement program I have ever had the dis-fortune to be forced into using.

Apart from that fine.
    Personally I find that apple knock out lovely products, but again as a company they are a PITA, as you know they will knock out the mk5 in about 2weeks or somesuch.

Also with the samsung, I have a i9000/S1 and with the standard samsung android overlay wouldn’t even get ONE day of battery out of it. I’ve now destroyed my warranty by routing it with a developer version and a clean install of android gingerbread. Now it is quick as hell, never struggles running as many app’s as you fancy, gets a GPS fix in a matter of seconds, and battery life has gone from approx 10hours to around the 50-72hour mark, and more like 80hours+ if I have a signal the whole time.

footflaps

Pretty much all our Software Development team (Linux systems) have iPhones although there is one die hard Android fanboy, but his SW if flaky as hell and has a hopeless UI – so I can see why he hates Apple so much – he values hackability over userbility.

Cougar

kies which is THE most offensive, annoying, run time hungry, piece of excrement program I have ever had the dis-fortune to be forced into using.

It’s better than its predecessor. I had an original Galaxy, and the bundled “New PC Studio” didn’t even support the phone it was bundled with (even after several months and a couple of “updates”). Kies was ‘new and improved’.

patentlywill
    Free Member

Iphone 4 from Apple on 0% plus a pay as you go from giffgaff – it’d better work cos that what I’ve just set up for MrsP

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Kies was ‘new and improved’.

doesn’t seem to be, it doesn’t seem to want to support my S2. Everytime I try something like update firmware or back up it drops connection. The connection is fine as I can copy files and stuff in windows explorer. I agree that Kies is terrible software.

Cougar

Plus ca change, then.

If it recognises the phone though, it’s an improvement on NPS which just said “not supported” when you plugged in the handset.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Samsung Galaxy S2 or Iphone 4’ is closed to new replies.