• This topic has 36 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IA.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC One S………any pros or cons welcomed
  • SiB
    Free Member

Trying to decide on which of the above phones to have but cant make up my mind so any pros or cons appreciated from anyone who has one of them, thanks

scholarsgate
    Free Member

S2.

HTC one have problems

Or wait a couple of weeks for the S3

jeffl

Or wait a few weeks for the Samsung S3 to be released. Then the S2, if you still want it, will have dropped in price even more.

BoardinBob

Zero complaints about my S2. Does everything my iPhone did, and even more. Would definitely replace it with the exact same phone (or newer version) if it broke.

SiB
    Free Member

Samsung it is then, thanks for your input. Now do I wait for S3, decisions decisions??

Cougar

HTC one have problems

… which are?

donsimon
    Free Member

Happy S2 user here. If I could have got a deal on the Note, I might have gone for that.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

S2 is a bit old now, sure you can’t be tempted by a Sony Xperia S?

coffeeking
    Free Member

S2 is pretty much flawless now I’ve managed to get all updates running. Does everything I can think of needing as fast as I want it to and works a treat. Can’t honestly see a reason why a newer phone would be better than it but I guess there’s always SOME improvements. The super amoled screen is by far the best I’ve seen on any phone.

Creg

Had my S2 for a couple of months now and it has been great. Still waiting for the new Android 4.0 update to become available (unless there is some way of doing it myself) but other than that I’m very happy with it. Interface is smooth and easy to use, camera is great, videos look amazing on the AMOLED display and it’s amazingly light for such a large phone IMO

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just be wary, the 4.0 update makes a few things a bit jerky. If you like really smooth scrolling down email lists you’ll have to pick your app correctly as things like the samsung hub get a bit jerky at high scroll rates.

votchy
    Free Member

S2 here, randomly decides it cannot connect to wifi even though it shows good wifi signal strength, other than that ok so far

PrinceJohn

HTC one have problems

I’d be curious to know what they are as well? The only thing I’m not hugely happy about is the relatively small storage space, but it’s not an issue for me.

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, its a minefield out there! The Sony Experia S is now in the running…anybody had experience of this phone?

MicArms

Got the HTC one S last week. Chose it as a replacement to the desire. Could have gone for the one x but the physical size put me off. Even though it is the quad core and 32 gig capacity. The one S is ‘only’ dual core and 16 gig. Although only 10 gig is useable storage. Which is fine for me… Also you get 2 years of 25 gig storage via dropbox… But the big thing is how ace the camera is…so sodding fast. Multipule shots just by holding the button done,slow mo vid function etc etc…

MicArms

Just rechecked, 2.5 gig internal storage, 9.93gig hard drive storage..

fubar
    Free Member

Still waiting for the new Android 4.0 update to become available (unless there is some way of doing it myself)

Available now if you connect phone to Kies application on PC via USB. I’ve not noticed any great improvements (Some small) so no need to rush

PrinceJohn

My girlfriend has got an xperia s, I’ve got an(?) one s – I prefer mine to hers, alot of that is down to htc sense.

The One S screen which has come in for some criticism is much better than the desire I upgraded from. The thing I’m not too keen on the xperia is the buttons at the bottom.

All of the phones you mentioned are excellent choices – I honestly think you’ll be delighted whichever one you chose.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve got an(?) one s

It’s a one as the “o” is pronounced like a “w” and is therefore a consonant and not a vowel.

Sorry… 😀

PrinceJohn

It’s a one as the “o” is pronounced like a “w” and is therefore a consonant and not a vowel.

Sorry…

It didn’t seem right, I’m of to an Hotel…

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’m more than happy with my S2 for sure.

donsimon
    Free Member

It didn’t seem right, I’m of to an Hotel…

Only if you’ve dropped the “h”. 😛

speaker2animals

I see SiB has not come back with these HTC One “problems”.

I wish I’d researched a bit before I had Desire S. I do like it but the phone operation lets it down for me. A lot of people moan about echoing of there speech when they speak to me, though this has improved to a degree since I ditched the hardcase. My mate had a Galaxy S2 about a month later, wish I’d had one of those now.

lodious
    Free Member

Bloke at work brought round a HTC One today….looked very nice. Screen is amazing. I like 😉

singlecrack
    Free Member

I did hear that the battery life is not to good on the Htc one x ..screen mainly Being the problem

The one s however seems to be the dogs bits

iceman8
    Free Member

Another happy s2 user here. Great camera, very clear screen and one of the lightest smart phones out there. Got 2 in the family with no problems as yet.

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks for all your opinions, off to phone shop tomorrow still undecided so I think it will be a case of which one looks the nicest (I know, very shallow!) as the S2, One S and Experia all seem pretty similar.

Bimbler
    Free Member
    Toasty

S2 here, it’s been fantastic, got bored of waiting for Android 4.0 so stuck a custom rom on. Using Lite’ning rom, as are a few chaps at work that I suggested it, very quick, battery life is up to almost a week with normal usage, wifi on, Spotify for 20 mins a day.

The One S is faster, but it’s taken everyone else literally 18 months to make a phone as fast as the S2. The S3 should set the benchmark for the couple of years I’d imagine.

SiB
    Free Member

I’m getting a tad confused with all the terminology!

Android 4?
    Ginger bread? Ice cream sandwich?

Can anyone explain in laymans terms?

Thanks

kayak23

I’m getting a tad confused with all the terminology!

Android 4?
    Ginger bread? Ice cream sandwich?

Can anyone explain in laymans terms?

Thanks

The Android version of updated operating systems, such as Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 etc…

Android 2.3 was also called Gingerbread, Android 4 is also called Ice Cream Sandwich…. why? Don’t know…

druidh
    Free Member

The Android OS versions are given codenames. They are in alphabetically order.

2.2 – Froyo
    2.3 – Gingerbread
    3.0 – Honeycomb
    4.0 – Ice Cream Sandwich
    5.0 –

SiB
    Free Member

5.0…jelly and custard, obviously

IA

5.0 –

Jellybean, is the word on the street.

Also, you missed off Cupcake, Donut & Eclair (for the actually-released versions).

druidh
    Free Member

Geek Alert !

🙂

IA

Geek Alert !

Fact.

(in my defence, programming android devices is a part of my job.*)

*of course I’m in a field related to IT, I’m on STW aren’t i?!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC One S………any pros or cons welcomed’ is closed to new replies.