Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Samsung Galaxy S2 Battery Life Dropped Off
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

My Galaxy S2 is just over a year old and all of a sudden the battery life has dropped to a few hours rather than it’s usual day. I am not using it any more than nornmal, it just doesn’t want to hold a charge. Is the battery likely to be on the way out after 12 months? I thought modern batteries had longer lives. Or is it likely to be something more sinister?

sweepy
    Free Member

Have a look in your task manager, I found some apps were not stopping * and using processing power. set them to stop just after the display goes off and it seems to have helped.

* Travelline i’m looking at you

P20

Wor lass had something similar. I got so fed up of it i bought her the bigger battery from Amazon. Its only about £17. Its tricky to tell if it was just a tired battery or not, but the new one is a lot better

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pitchpro2011
    Free Member

nope your apps have caused a conflict in your programmes. factory reset the only solution

jeffl

You can look at your battery usage history and see what apps have been using the power or if you’re phone has been kept awake.

benslow
    Free Member

factory reset poss.

but also as said above, change the battery – they’re very cheap.

BoardinBob

I was having battery issues and found that turning off background sync for apps had a massive improvement in battery life and it also seriously improved my data usage.

DickBarton

Screen brightness increased? A real battery killer…i find if i have my brightness at about 40% i get 2 days out the battery. If brighter it lasts a day…

DaveP

What is the top app based on battery use?
    Mine was google+ (used 80% of the battery!) only thing that worked was uninstalling it.

franksinatra

I’ve noticed mine turning itself off and on a few times a day. No idea why and not really sure if this is happening so much that it is hammering the battery.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Have you updated the firmware lately? Jelly Bean doesn’t seem as good on battery as ICS. As said above google+ can be a big battery muncher as it stops the phone from ever entering deep sleep.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Samsung Galaxy S2 Battery Life Dropped Off’ is closed to new replies.