Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sam Houghton Event anyone on here doing it?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Looks like its going to be moist but the course runs well when wet 🙂
    After party should be a big hit later on 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

Are you meeting us in the Mortal Man half way round?

postierich
    Free Member

No I am racin myself 🙂 might pop back for a swift pint what time do you guys set off

alexpalacefan

Looking forward to it.
    I hear there’s some riding to do first though:-)

APF

Marin
    Free Member

I’m out on it tomorrow though other half of my team has just bailed. Green P7 if anyone wants to moan about the weather

richardkennerley

I’m in for the long course, got my start time through on Wednesday. Looking forward to it but not very prepared, not done much riding recently. But last ride was 41km around Rossendale with similar amount of climbing so I should make it, just take me a long time!!

Weather forecast has got progressively worse, AccuWeather gives the best, cloudy with a little rain!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’m in – long course 11:55 start.
    Think I’ll take the P7 too.

richardkennerley

Well that was a bit wet! Had a great day despite the weather, was pretty hard going in places and some of the descents were literally like riding down waterfalls, but a great event nonetheless. Great organisation and some committed Marshalls to stand out in that weather on an exposed moor all day!!

5h20mins for the long course. Not a fast time, but I’m just happy to have finished. Raised a few Bob for charity too so a good day all round. Just got a shed load of wet/muddy hear to sort out now!

postierich
    Free Member

Long course here was one of the easier starters 11.30 and hardly saw a soul until the short route on the way back so was a bit lonely in the rain. Thought I was faster than the 3.50 time but bike was faultless full rigid but my wrists were a bit tender at the end due to hanging off the back. Great event helped put away the Marquee and lights this morning with the usual hangover 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Oh dear I woke up to rain and bailed after teammate had to pull out. Didn’t fancy 2 hour drive to ride in rain. Shame on me.

postierich
    Free Member

Marin you missed a good un 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Vx2qDi]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

richardkennerley

After the first half hour, it didn’t matter how much more it rained. My 5.10’s are still drying.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sam Houghton Event anyone on here doing it?’ is closed to new replies.