Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Sam hills stack……steve peat winning (spoiler content),
  • sharki
    Free Member

Anyone seen the footage of his actual stack…bjeezus he was hauling……

Made me wince watching, but the sod just gets up, finds his bike runs with it a pedals off……I guess for this one he was wearing armour, however i guess the snow made for a soft landing…

IF he stayed on…..

orena45

link?

trailmonkey

Errr I think you’re supposed to put the warning on the thread title and the spoiling in the post. I think you can still edit before you get a barrage of angst fuelled abuse

CaptJon
    Free Member

Best title ever.

sharki
    Free Member

TM, i did it on porpoise…..

I like to make others pi$$ed off as it makes me happy….

linky

tails
    Free Member

just saw this hauling is a very appropriate word.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I can’t make all that much out from that vid, wish there was a better version and some more vid of him ripping it down the track.

the_lecht_rocks

bl00dy crackers. how on earth do you pull back after that AND make up time ?????

sharki
    Free Member

use the pause button, you can see him landing okish, then the rear kicks up, the bike squirms, a little and he’s over the bar, landing on the right in snow…

When you look at the freecaster footage, he’s not to straight just after take off, so i guess he’s landed abit wonky.

sharki
    Free Member

An from a different angle, shame the guy filming looked away/ran for cover..

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ah ta sharki can see what happened a bit better despite the wussy camera holder. nasty stuff. did seem like he went straight into the snow – lucky! bet it’d’ve hurt landing in the rocks in that area

IdleJon

Better coverage than the crap on Eurosport anyway. How do they make the sport look so boring?

BruceK
    Free Member

bruneep spotted this on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3BfHZzV36o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ridemonkey.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D218298%26page%3D23&feature=player_embedded

Great angle, right on the base of the blind jump: the boy’s lucky not to be out for the season as he lands on snow, not the rocks…!

warton
    Free Member

That last link, jesus. that must of smarted….

tails
    Free Member

sam hill is quality to watch. pre jumping into that at warp speed love it. he score a win two this season so many good riders in the mens DH at the mo.

Si
    Free Member

Think he does lack a bit of discipline though. If he could rein it in just that bit he would both win remain upright.

tails
    Free Member

i for one don’t want him to rein in anything. sam hill flying is the best sight in mtbing.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think I have figured out Sam Hill’s mistake….he is going sideways 😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

nice one brucek thats the sort of clip we want.
    really shows how nasty it was.
    feel sorry for him now!
    actually. peaty got his record.
    suddenly i’m happy again!

radoggair
    Free Member

After a bit of slow moing, figured he actually didn’t jump far enough, coming up abit early making his rear kick up. He needs to go faster i feel

matthew_h
    Free Member

Is Sam the Colin McRae of DH? Blindingly fast but with a propensity to lob it off the track a little too much.

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Ouch! Cant believe he got up, never mind riding away! 😯

CaptJon
    Free Member

Looked lucky to hit the snow rather than the rocks, even with armour on.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

radoggair – Member

After a bit of slow moing, figured he actually didn’t jump far enough, coming up abit early making his rear kick up. He needs to go faster i feel

What?

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Just watching the pre-race interviews and re-runs on Freecaster. I think Peaty’s win has got inside Sam Hill’s head. Thats why he crashed! 😈

dooge
    Free Member

Looks nasty as anything, but the adrenaline was pumping so that probably helped. Looks like he went too close to the inside of the track and realised he was going to hit some nasty rocks. At the same time he did get pinged off a bit too. Good on Peaty!

mAx_hEadSet

I dont think so, Hill was on the button, everyone expected him to win, it was just one of those things, loads stacked at that point last year, I stood at that point for ages and there was a camera there too.

In fact this years coverage was disappointing with only 5 cameras on course put in positions where the splits where that did nothing to give the viewer any idea of what was happening when compared to La Bresse last week, it was a sows ear from which no silk purse could be made. Filming in forestry is not easy, but the footage desperatly needed Cedric and Bobs flowery commentry and was nothing more than a collection of clips padded out with slo mo replays rather than live coverage, the amount of time you were sat wondering when the rider would be spat out of the tunnel in the trees to come to the finish with little idea of what was happening till the result showed. Also the fact they only covered the run of every other riders meant when you heard the results you found somebody had been beaten by a rider you had not seen come down. The most spectacular footage of the day was actually that shot from the finish camera when he was taken out by the Swedish rider putting the camera off air for the rest of the day

RHSno2
    Free Member

Its Freecaster. The clue is in the name.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I love the sound of the Frenchman(maybe?) shouting Non… non… non… in the background.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Looked lucky to hit the snow rather than the rocks, even with armour on.

Don’t think Sam’s cool enough to wear Armour! As always Sam’s the fastest rider but not the better racer!

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m with Rad-dog on this, if only Sam could go a little faster, he’d crash a lot less.

That’s his problem, he’s just not quick enough, the poor kid.

Good grief, how does he get up after these crashes? – he really can’t be human.

Shandy
    Free Member

Its ironic that he gets so much flak for being boring off the track, I think he leaves everything out there!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Nail. On. Head.
    Hills the fastest rider, until he crashes, which happens a little bit,but not the best or most controlled rider.
    Peaty or Gee or Minaar or quite a bit more consistent. Sam seems more of an all or nothing rider, which is why the fans seem to gravitate towards him, whereas peaty goes as fast as he can under control.
    Luckily Sam Hill is fast enough to crash, get up and mostly, still finish in top 5, but there seems no point saying he was faster and would of won this or that, if he slowed down he wouldnt crash, but then he may not win, just different riding styles.

phutphutend

I love the way he manages to ride out the crash for about 20 metres. Watch the slow mo…he’s got both hands on the bars, steering the bike in some crazy drift until he finally goes opver the bars…brilliant.

scant
    Free Member

to finish first.
    you must first finish.

sq225917
    Free Member

Well if you will ride off road at speed….

GW
    Free Member

swiftacular – how can you tell who’s the best or most controlled rider? IMO it’s not necessarily always who won!

..and Peaty was def out of control a few times at La Bresse! (haven’t seen any of his run at Andora yet).

dasnut
    Free Member

i blame that crappy new bike he is riding.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Sam hills stack……steve peat winning (spoiler content),’ is closed to new replies.