Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Salzburg essentials
  • onlysteel
    Free Member

2 days free in Salzburg next month. Have little interest in Mozart and none in Sound of Music. Any suggestions on must see or do attractions? Sadly no bikes involved.

chewkw
    Free Member

Go visit Hallstatt which is not far away but I would advice against swimming in the lake like we did unless you want to know how you would suffer in freezing water …

Sandwich

The big castle on top of the hill is worth a visit, as is the summer palace outside the city with the amusing water garden.
    The cathedral and one of the churches by the graves (featured in the film) are very ornate.

Don’t forget to spend a couple of hours over a coffee and cake at one of the cafes (some of those on the bigger squares can be a bit pricy).

Bad Goisern where the Kaiser used to holiday outside the city is a lovely place too.

colp

Hangar 7 at the airport, it’s Dietrich Mateschitz’ man cave, good for an hour.
    Berchtesgaden is 20 mins or so away.
    Salt mines at Hallein, Ice caves at Werfen (and Hohen Werfen castle (Where Eagles Dare))
    There’s an open top bus tour of the city too.

tonyg2003

The castle is worth going up to. Also head out to the Untersberg cable car if its a clear day.

I worked for a company based in Salzberg for a couple of years. I’ve probably eaten far too many Mozart Balls!

iolo
    Free Member

Halstatt x 100000000

Great place.

boxelder

Natural History/Science Museum – if you like that kind of thing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Salzburg essentials’ is closed to new replies.