Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Salsa Bearpaw Fork Recall
  • vorlich
    Free Member

http://salsacycles.com/culture/safety_notice_salsa_aluminum_mukluk_bearpaw_fork_recall

I’ve just checked mine, it’s affected. 🙁

I wonder how this will pan out with no UK distributor. guess I’d better contact CtBM and see what he’s saying to it.

GregMay
    Free Member

If you contact Salsa directly it should be fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

…any aluminum Mukluk Bearpaw fork that has a Salsa compass on the outside of the fork blades (replacement forks have the compass on the inside of the fork blades).

Hazard: The fork steerer may bend or break, causing a hazard to the rider. Contact an authorized Salsa dealer to arrange for a free inspection and refund or replacement. For more information, call…

I know bike parts are sensitive things but can a decal make that much difference?

I’m mounting all the decals no the inside of my forks from now on.

jblewi
    Free Member

I’m not sure whether it’s Charlie or Ison who are dealing with it but I work in a bike shop and have a mukluk that’s affected so will phone ison and find out tomorrow. I’m not sure it’s the logo that’s the issue, more that it identifies the batches of forks with different materials or designs?

jblewi
    Free Member

Ison are dealing with this according to Charlie, contact them or your bike shop.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Think I might be able to get an enabler fork instead?

vorlich
    Free Member

I phoned Charlie this morning, it sounds like Ison are dealing with it as you say, but he’s still trying to find out specifics.

I assume they’ll want the faulty fork back. Who normally picks up the tab for postage etc in these situations?

scotroutes

You got one Al

scaredypants

🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

I only know two people with mukluks. One of them carried their bike home because of that.

wwaswas

can a decal make that much difference?

Rust prevention;

(for stw members from days of yore)

hishairyness
    Free Member

simply contact the place you bought your frame or bike, we sold around 23 so if you bought from us, drop us a line. we will have replacement next week. oh yes… we are Slam69.

scaredypants

I hope you’re in Hersham

big_scot_nanny

I,m using it as an excuse to get a Bluto. Oops!

vorlich
    Free Member

I,m using it as an excuse to get a Bluto. Oops!

This did briefly cross my mind. 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Phoned Ison this morning.They only found out last night.Forks have been shipped from QBP/Salsa and should be with dealers later next week.

vorlich
    Free Member

Aye, CtBM tells me they’re in transit. Coming into the worth possible time of year for postage hold ups though.

big_scot_nanny

Aye, FWIW they seem to be dealing with it quickly. A shame that the Bluto and hub conversion kit were here even faster. Merry Christmas! 😆

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Bearpaw Fork Recall’ is closed to new replies.