Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Salsa anything cages – are the new ones less prone to breaking?
  • oliverracing

So title says it all, are the new Salsa anything cages less prone to breaking that the first ones?

I’ll be carrying about 1.5-2kg per cage which is well within the 3kg limit – but they will be used on singletrack/long trips where I wont wan them failing!

scotroutes

Put a strap round the object being carried and the fork or frame in any case?

tomd
    Free Member

No idea about older ones, but got one bought in 2013 that’s done around 20days mountain biking with a 2kg tent strapped to it and it’s still OK.

cupra
    Free Member

So far so good…..

vorlich
    Free Member

My mkI has been fine.

oliverracing

ok looks like I’m going to pull the trigger, I may even see if my 2.3kg tent will fit!

everyone
    Free Member

Where you planning on going now Oli?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

How about a Gorilla cage?

Fits to the same mounts as an Anything cage, will hold more, is QR and pretty much unbreakable. I’ve been testing one for the last couple of months, done all I can to break it inc’ overloading and it’s still going strong.

http://www.cyclemiles.co.uk/product-category/shop/cycle-products/monkii-system/

STATO
    Free Member

Ive Used the standard Monkii Cages on fork legs and they are pretty tough. You do seem a bit expensive when buying (plastic cage for £18!) but their function is spot on and they are nice and tough ime. Would get some gorilla cages if I felt the need to put that much gear on the fork, but to be honest the standard ones are fine so far.

Had some original anything cages, the standard monkii cages are a bit smaller so gorilla cages should compare well.

oliverracing

yeah had a look at the gorilla cage, but has a 1.5 kg limit and I’ll be fitting the cage with hose clamps for a year or so untill I have a new fork which rules it out too

STATO
    Free Member

I used the Monki clips to fit their standard cages to a Fox sus fork, pretty sturdy, but if they list a weight limit the salsa might be a better choice.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

yeah had a look at the gorilla cage, but has a 1.5 kg limit and I’ll be fitting the cage with hose clamps for a year or so untill I have a new fork which rules it out too

I’ve carried around twice that amount without problems.

Salsa used to list their cages as having a 5lb max limit.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Salsa anything cages – are the new ones less prone to breaking?’ is closed to new replies.