• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Salsa Anything Cages?
  • Basil

Anybody had any problems?

ojom
    Free Member

Nope apart from only getting one today when I ordered more and it is missing a strap.

My personal ones are great.

Are guy having a problem?

singlespeedstu

No problems here.

Basil

Sustransing around Scotland ,5 days in (really bad cell service where I am camped now) Today left cage sheared at two points and popped into wheel!

doh
    Free Member

managed to shear the bottom tab off mine after about 40miles off road (carrying 900g sleeping bag) . great idea just a wee bit flimsy i think.

charliedontsurf

I have sold hundreds of these and had two failures, one was on my own Fargo. The tabs sheared off.

But the location of he cages means they take a good hit if you lay the bike down in a crash. I know mine had taken a beating (its a race king washing out thing).

So check them after a crash and you will be cool. They won’t suddenly fail, you will see some cracks first.

If you are on an epic trip on a Fargo, stick a third one under the down tube for just in case.

Basil

The one that failed had a Thermarest Prolite in a dry bag,checked the right one which had clean clothes in a dry bag and this had cracked in the same places.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Are they warrantied for off road use?

vorlich
    Free Member

Have only used mine for about 40m off road so far with 700g in it. I’ll watch it closely.

Basil

Warrantied for off road? Don’t really know what weights etc .American product, so Anything Cages must mean strap a buffalo on. Never thought I would post that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was kidding.

ojom
    Free Member

Need one posted to you? We are also in Scotland. Perhaps you are passing through Edinburgh? We can warranty yours and keep you riding.

Basil

Going home on Saturday ,broke two spokes,wheel not very true.
    Just pleased it didn’t happen on the down from Nick of the Balloch yesterday .

Brainflex

4lb limit for what its worth.

irc

Failures are pretty common it seems.

Salsa Anything Cages…

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Great idea but I think a design tweak or maybe steel is called for … I’ve seen 6 go so far.

Rik
    Free Member

I have it on good authority that Salsa have a mk2 in the works but don’t expect it this year.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Anything Cages?’ is closed to new replies.