• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Salomon laces
  • DrJ

I just bought a pair of Salomon trail running shoes, which I’m very happy with, but … I only had them a couple of weeks and one of the laces has a frayed bit on it. Have I been unlucky or is this a hidden problem w these fancy laces?

And … any cheap places to buy replacements? Looking on Youtube they look a real faff!!

sandwicheater

Same thing happened to my pair, shop (Go Outdoors in this instance) just gave me a new set (of laces). Wifes were fine for 5+ years and the new set I had the same, no problems. Only thing that killed them was my smelly feet.

EDIT: Oooohhhhh, new shoes!!!!

BigJohn

When you ask if you can replace the laces they might say “I’m a frayed knot”.

Killer
    Free Member

Mine did the same, but only on one shoe!

I ordered some more on-line for a tenner, and then also popped into the shop i bought them from. Was buying some other shoes at the time and asked nicely and they threw a set of replacement laces in.

put the spare set on another set of shoes.

DrJ

When you ask if you can replace the laces they might say “I’m a frayed knot”.

Groan!!!! 🙂

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’ve had millions* of pairs of Salomons, and no frayed laces!

*I may have exaggerated, but only slightly…

antigee

the ones that are in a loop with a disc thing? if it is this set up then consider tucking the lace in – the first time it catches on a sticking out root or branch you’ll wish you had – i like them had many pairs had to return one pair with that problem inside of 3 months – shop replaced

Cougar

I’m on my second pair of Salomons and have had to replace the laces on both (I did the ‘new’ ones last month). The sheath wears through and then comes away from the core, seems to be a feature. I just cut a length of cord to fit, I care not about an exact match.

GregMay
    Free Member

Used loads over the years with no issues here. Not too much of a faff to change over, just takes a bit of patience.

Kuco

Not had this problem with the couple of pairs i’ve had.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Salomon laces’ is closed to new replies.