Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Salisbury Winter Challenge
  • Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Just wondered whos done this ride before and what I can look forward to on the 3rd??? First time we've done this event, any good advise???

RichPenny
    Free Member

I've done it a few times. It can be extremely muddy, so no v-brakes. There is some good singletrack descenting through hill wood, but the times I've done it that's always been at the end, so save some energy! The top of the plain can be very exposed, so wrap up warm.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Cheers for that may stick on the 1.8 tyres and blast that mud!!

allthepies
    Free Member

Pray for freezing conditions!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Weather looks cold, -2 yesterday when I looked!!!

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Usually starts frozen… then turns into the biggest, stickiest, mudbath you've ever seen as the herd of 400+ riders progress and curse their way onwards towards the watering hole ! 😆
    Just pray the wind and rain hold off..
    Sure you'll enjoy it !
    Just avoid a bloke called "Jez Scarrett".. coz he'll bore you to death.. :mrgreen:

MicArms

Done it a few times in the late 90's early2000's and then did it last year.

What a difference… the old rides were tough and hard going conditions. Last's years effort was back lanes and farmers tracks. and about 2 mile of proper off road. Completely put me off ever doing it again.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

MicArms..2nd that ! 😥

dobo
    Free Member

last years was frozen solid and fast with lots of tracks and lanes as said. i still enjoyed it though, wont be at this one though but will be interesting to hear what this years is like so report back.

fily5bellies
    Free Member

The forecast is cold for the day this year so enter and enjoy. The route is essentially las year's in reverse. Re the lanes, if it's muddy, we aim to get people off the Plain before it gets dark. See the photos from Singletrack News from last week for some views of the course – you'll enjoy it!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Salisbury Winter Challenge’ is closed to new replies.