Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Salisbury Plain, where?
  • spikyjames
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m located Tidworth side of the plain and am struggling to find any decent single track, I’ve found the odd bit but a lot seems to be getting churned up by guys on motor bikes and is very damp. Any clubs rides head out anywhere locally?

Edric64
    Free Member

Come and ride the Salisbury plain challenge this Saturday and chat to people you should get a few pointers as to good places to ride

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

There are those downhill tracks by Tidworth done by the Tidworth freeriders.I take it you have done them?.I was on the Ridgeway today MUDBATH Hay Ho the sun was out and not windy so cant be bad.

awh
    Free Member

Come and ride the Salisbury plain challenge this Saturday

SUNDAY 29TH DECEMBER 2013 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

Sorry I meant Sunday ,doh !

spikyjames
    Free Member

Thanks guys, unfortunately I’m busy this weekend, I’ll keep an eye out for future events though.

The Tidworth freeride place isn’t really my scene, I may well try it out sometime though.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

SpikyJames, still might be worth going to Tidworth freeride, as the few times I have been there some of the guys have offered to show me around the area outside of the freeride area.

Also might be worth popping into behind the bike shed in Andover, Ruby or Scott might be able to help, as they like a bit of XC riding.

motor bikes/4×4 are a problem around the plain, it’s a big area for a few people to be every where

Edric where are you based?

baznav73
    Free Member

I know the plain like the back of my hand and ride all the best stuff every sunday, I’m in collingbourne Kingston and meet a mate at DMED at 9.00am we have made tons of tracks over the last couple of years and keep them hidden from the MX bikes if you want a guided tour of all our secret stuff and the best of everything else let me know.

spikyjames
    Free Member

Ah, cool. Only just up the road from me. DMED?

What sort of distance/length of time do you spend out?

Will definitely be up for meeting up.

baznav73
    Free Member

DMED defence medical equipment depot in ludgershall now disused next to the wellington accadamy, winter 20-30 miles summer 40 plus generaly like to be back to ludgershall for about 12.30-45 let me know when you want to go we rarely miss a sunday reguardless of weather and we nearly always meet at the same place but you can mail me on btplank@hotmail.com, we do a few away days to swinley and the other side of the plain at earlstoke too.

spikyjames
    Free Member

Thanks mate, I’ve sent you a message.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Me too!!

parkesie
    Free Member

Im in upavon and do alot of riding on the plain to link up much good single track usually involves covering some distance unless you stay up in the woods around tidworth.

baznav73
    Free Member

E-Mails sent.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Salisbury Plain, where?’ is closed to new replies.