Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Salisbury Plain night rides?
  • captain_bastard
    Free Member

thanks to work / child care commitments and injurys my summer riding has not been quite as i hoped, and i cannont bear the idea of evenings listning to wanktv in the gym, or staring at my bedroom wall on the turbo

only saviour would be weekly night rides – I fancy taking advantage of some of those nice new lights and doing some longer rides, anyone up for it?

awh
    Free Member

Where abouts on the Plain, or does 'longer rides' mean it's all covered!

captain_bastard
    Free Member

i know Erlestoke / imber side best, but i'd say it's all fair game 😉

awh
    Free Member

Give me a shout sometime. I can see Clay Hill round to Devizes out my window, which pretty well sums up where I know! Email is my profile.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Venturing to the Purbecks tomorrow Captain?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Absolutely up for it. I know some reasonable loops around Salisbury, but not really up at Erlestoke. Happy to drive up there after work, finishing at 6 at the moment. Then alternate with loops around Salisbury? Been digging up at Wilton today, night jumping?!!!! I have a L&M Hid you could borrow if needed.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Quite often a SPAM outing around Erlestoke on a Thursday night. Drop me a mail and I'll let you know when we're out. Meet in Bratton or up on the top above Erlestoke nr Hill woods. Do an hour or so in the woods. Were out last Thursday; I've never ridden in the dark when there has been so much dust flying!

RichPenny
    Free Member

What kind of pace is the SPAM outing, and what time? Also guessing that I wouldn't need to be a member? Have always meant to go on some SPAM rides (apart from the races, which I've done a few of) but never got it together.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I too am keen on night riding. I have some of trouties monsters coming around the end of October so am eager to find people to ride with throughout the winter. Unfortunately thursday is not a good day for me as i'm not home from college until about 7.30pm. 🙁 Monday and Tuesday are best for me.
    From Andover by the way.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

MM, i'll call you after strictly's finished about tomorrow. Couple of roadworks issues down this end to let you know about.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Hi rusty – can't make the Purbecks ride, rekon it would make fine night riding though ;o)

Fuzzy Felt / awh – i'll mail you, sounds just the ticket

Rich Penny – not sure about the jumping at night (i can't jump in the day, don't see how lack of light will help that!).

really keen to get out and about this winter, there's a weekly night ride from Frome that I might check out as well

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Salisbury Plain night rides?’ is closed to new replies.