Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Salford STWers – be aware – shed broke into last night
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

04:20 this morning I was awoken by a banging sound and the screech of my (£20) shed alarm.

Two of my bikes were half extracated. Perp’s had legged it. Levered the door off at the hinge side and tried to nab the bikes. Fortunately, I’d chained them together to make a cumbersome lump not so easy to make off with.

Be vigilant chaps / chapesses. Make it as dificult as possible for them to get your pride and joys away.

Bastards.

WIil they back for another go I have to ask myself? ……

stimpy
    Free Member

Remember not to leave your half-cleaned antique bear trap collection open on the floor of your shed tonight 😉

binners

Glad to hear they didn’t get away with them mate.

Where did you get your shed alarm? Sounds like £20 well spent. Think I’ll get one myself

gmex619
    Free Member

+1 for that shed alarm details..

SaxonRider

I would have thought that Salford STWers would have been a fairly vigilant lot anyway! 😉

I am seriously glad you didn’t lose out, though. That is indeed a good ending.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Wow, close call. I’d be spending the night on my rocking chair, shotgun on lap in the shed tonight if I were you.
    Shed alarm for £20 sounds like to best bargain ever on the back of your tale.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Nice sight at half four in the bleedin’ morning in a howling gale.

Still – at least the bikes are featured in this aftermath photo’!

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2177/2940886/20651409/406627902.jpg%5B/img%5D

Loving the tension in the chains holding the bikes together. Hopefully they pulled a particularly painful muscle.

dirtyboy

You need bigger and better chain and padlocks ASAP

nick1962
    Free Member

I’d keep the bikes in the house from now on and just fill the shed floor up with paint trays filled with paint , dirty engine oil ,dog turds etc That way when they come back,and they will come back ,they just get covered in gunk.
    They’ll try coming in the daytime hoping no one’s home.

MartynS

WIil they back for another go I have to ask myself? ……
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO #

Without question.
    Good the alarm scared them off.. That’s been a really good buy!

trail_rat
    Free Member

get those bikes in the house – that chain is fooling no one – all that will happen next time is they will come tooled up.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

If you can’t install a ground anchor, get a big bucket and fill it with concrete. Before it dries bury an old U-Lock (or 2!) in it, so that the ‘U’ sticks out of the concrete,let it dry. Get a bl**dy big chain and chain it through the U-Lock and the bikes. Will make it a right PITA to drag the bikes and the concrete away.

Bregante

d_s have you reported it? What area of Salford?

Drop me an email (in profile)

ransos
    Free Member

You need bigger and better chain and padlocks ASAP

Yep – they’re completely inadequate. Sold secure ground anchors and thick chains on my bikes.

wwaswas

they’re completely inadequate

well, they were perfectly adequate on this occassion.

I suspect they’ll be back having ‘seen the goods’ so I’d up security on both the door and bikes before tonight.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Alarms are the key work great.Glad you foiled the scumbags.Now get one of those big beaver traps 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

must be looking at the pic wrong, but it appears the chain is only round the giants seatpost?

GregMay
    Free Member

must be looking at the pic wrong, but it appears the chain is only round the giants seatpost?

Erm…there is hopefully a toptube there as well…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Salford STWers – be aware – shed broke into last night’ is closed to new replies.