Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Saint bash guard onto XT cranks…. how?
  • alpin
    Free Member

i was under the impression that shimano's stuff was interchangeable between groupsets. matey has just got hold of a new Saint bash guard to put onto his 2-ringed (small and medium chainring) XT cranks, but it won't fit.

the inside diameter of the bashguard won't fit completely over the arms of the cranks.

the arms that carry the ring(s) is 2-3mm too wide.

anyone had this problem?

also, does he have to buy new bolts as the current chainring bolts pass through the bash guard?

D0NK

I use the old saint bash and you def need the bolts that go with it. Bolts have bigger heads and spacers too. Dunno if new one is same but I'd guess so.

Oh and I've trashed 3 cheap to replace and light but not the best protection for your rings. The last time I managed to bend middle ring too, still undecided whether thats good or bad, if I'd hit something that hard and bashguard had been solid would the bike have hooked up and thrown me off or damaged something more expensive like the cranks/bb?

alpin
    Free Member

it's on a 456 and is there more to stop his trousers hooking up on the ring.

although i guess it's better that the guard breaks rather than the cranks or frame bending/snapping.

off to the lbs on monday then….

cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Saint bash guard onto XT cranks…. how?’ is closed to new replies.