Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Safety wellingtons
  • The site I’m on has now allowed wellies – and they are needed.

So, I reckon I’ve narrowed it down to a couple

Bogs Rancher, or Buckler Buckboots

Any experiences?

Ta

neilwheel
    Free Member

Dunlop work for me.

The lads on site have Dunlop Purofort – cheap option provided by the company. They aren’t overly impressed with them and neither am I. They seem to be standard rubber boots, with steel added.

I’m after something with neoprene and some degree of cold weather protection as well as all day comfort.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I have the super budget option then, and multiple sock combos. Sorry, no help here.

bigbmx
    Free Member

Don’t use neoprene boots for work they get wet and stay wet, neoprene boots are for walking the dog etc. Get the Dunlops and buy good socks and the correct stiff insoles for your feet.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I have Buckboots. Pretty pleased and would get them again – neoprene lined and neoprene uppers so fairly warm. Steel toe only, not throughout the sole (in case you stand on sharp pokey things). Were nice and dry till I poked a hole in the calf with some barbed wire.

CountZero

Muckboots FTW. Very comfy boot, I walk miles in mine, although mine aren’t the safety version:
    http://www.muckbootco.co.uk/product/mens-Chore-Steel-Toe-work-boot-CHS-000A/MENS
    Steel toe, steel shank, neoprene lined superb boot.

They can be found for around £85, not much more than I paid for my Tays.

timber

Dunlop purofort thermo. Thicker material and thicker soles. In fact soles are so thick you’ll appear to be standing on the surface of puddles.

Those look the business Count – will check them out….

CountZero

I bought my Muckboots a couple of years ago, after reading through a similar wellie thread, and a number of people who wore them for work every day recommended them. They now live in the car boot, I’ll happily do an eight or nine mile walk in them. While those ^^ might be a bit stiff for long distance walks, if mine are anything to go by, they’ll be brilliant for all-day worksite wear.

durhambiker
    Free Member

I had some cracking Dunlop ones a few years back, think they were the Thermo ones. Insanely thick soles, useless for driving in, but you could stand in near-freezing water all day long and not notice. Comfy too

neilforrow

Check http://www.cover-up.co.uk out and look at the goretex lined firemans boots. So good, warm in winter, cool in summer, dry feet for years in mine, and they have seen a lot of site work.

Get some good welly socks too, failing that some ski/ snow sports ones.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 for the Dunlop thermal wellies, my feet used to steam at the end of the day in sub zero temperatures.

Standard purofort unless it’s minus 3 or less though.

avdave2

I’ve no idea but don’t do what my dad did which was to wear his Fire Brigade steel toecap wellies when he took me out on Christmas Day many many years ago to use the metal detector I’d just opened. It was very much like the time a couple of years before that, when I got an air rifle, in that I didn’t get that much use of it myself with the added joy of digging holes to find nothing at all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Safety wellingtons’ is closed to new replies.