Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Saddles – what's cool?
  • number18
    Free Member

I need a new saddle. Is there such a thing as a cool saddle?

I’m thinking something such as this:

http://www.alansbikes.com/908816/products/charge_spoon_cro_mo_saddle_red.aspx?origin=pla?kwd=&gclid=CPCBpq_5zrsCFY_MtAodDi0A_g

Do you think the colour will rub away? If so, there is a white one with red lettering that would be fine!

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve never brought a saddle because it’s cool, I tend to go for a comfortable one. Saying that I have a Spoon and its very comfortable..

takisawa2

Ti-Spoon here. I like it.

P20

I couldn’t care if it’s cool. I’d want comfort. WTB or charge personally

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’ve heard bright pink ones are in fashion at the moment.

number18
    Free Member

Likewise, comfort is my priority. I just wondered if there were any saddle fashion faux pas that I should be aware of.

Charge Spoon it is then. Do you think the red will rub off?

RestlessNative
    Free Member

The leopard skin SDG Bel Air was clearly cool…and comfy

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve always got on with SDG saddles and found that they wear very well (certainly better than my Charge Knife which has discoloured and creaks like an old floor board).

My knife is reasonably though, more so than the Spoon due to less padding.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Brooks. Ubercool!

matther01
    Free Member

I swear by my Aliante Gamma Xm…not pretty but uber comfy

lee170
    Free Member

Selle italia SLR is a pretty cool looking saddle, I bought one and found it really hard and uncomfortable for a while but now it’s bedded in its awesome! Also extremely light to

tomd
    Free Member

I recently borrowed a Fizik Gobi XM to test. Unfortunately it is the most comfy saddle I have used, and it’s £99.99 RRP. I have a charge spoon on another bike and it’s OK, good value anyway.

fastindian
    Free Member

just to throw a curve ball in, and probably not considered cool, ISM typhoon – uber comfy!

rollodes
    Free Member

Spoons are that rare beast of a saddle:
    1. Cheap
    2. Comfortable without a short liner and pad
    3. Really conformable with a short liner and pad
    4. look good
    5. wear pretty well
    Do it.

matther01
    Free Member

I also have a charge scoop which looks cool IMO…but dont find it very comfy after a couple of hours even on a steel hardtail. Its being swapped to the FS for a final judgement before possibly being sold.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

San Marco IMHO..

bigbloke
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi XM here too superb saddle. Have had Spoon and SDG bel air before.

bigblackshed

Buy one that fits your arse. Everything else will make your arse hot and sore. Not cool.

HTH.

ratherbeintobago

Selle italia SLR is a pretty cool looking saddle, I bought one and found it really hard and uncomfortable for a while but now it’s bedded in its awesome!

Mine is like sitting on a breeze block, even after 12 months. Would like to try one of the Ergon ones…

Nobby

The SLR is a very narrow saddle so will be proper uncomfy if you’ve got wide(ish) sit bones. The SL’s are a tad wider & much comfier if you have a medium arse on the Spesh/Bonty scales.

As has already been said, buy one that is the right size & you’ll wonder why you never did it before.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Selle italia SLR is a pretty cool looking saddle

Agree, but I’ve always been a fan of flites. The all carbon selle italia c64 I have on my best road bike is cool, not cheap though.

number18
    Free Member

Thanks all for your comments.

I got the Spoon! Looks great, will be riding it round Llandegla tomorrow so we’ll see how it goes.

garage-dweller

Flite or Rolls ftw

Wtb suit my bum too but very much 2nd choice.

Used to have a white Rolls on my road bike many a moon ago – ’twas a good saddle iirc.

However, your choice of a Spoon is a good one – I have a Spoon on both my bikes. Just don’t notice it’s there – to the point I don’t wear liners in my shorts.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve always or should I say backside have Charge Spoons very comfy and long lasting but just spice things up I bought a Charge Scoop which so far more comfortable as it flexes with your movements more whislt still providing support.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Spoon here too, one white and a tan one. Superb saddle, even better that I got them for £14.99 each! 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Saddles – what's cool?’ is closed to new replies.