Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saddles – ti or cr-mo rails?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Not bothered about weight but will ti be any more comfortable?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Might be, I like the ti SDG better than the regular cro-mo one. Might be the colour though.

brakes
    Free Member

I've got two San Marco saddles that are exactly the same, the titanium one has far less flex than the steel… I can't work out if this is the age of the saddle (steel is older), the fact that one is on a carbon seatpost and the other aluminium, or the rails

poppa
    Free Member

My viwpoint is that riding off road you will be passing over thick roots, rocks and drops, therefore an extra 1mm of flex in your saddle rails is likely to make naff all difference to comfort…. ?

sputnik
    Free Member

Will you be using it on a hardtail? Then comfort may be improved.
    If it is to be used on a full susser then I doubt if you would tell the difference.

enfht
    Free Member

I did actually notice the difference going from cromo to ti. And my fat ass hasn't snapped the ti rails yet which is a bonus 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have a sdg ti-fly on my ht, I find it more comfortable than the rl that it replaced, it's a bit of a razor blade but the rl made my arse hurt after a while where as the ti-fly puts me off the idea of sitting down 😀

PJay
    Free Member

I swear that ti. railed Bel Airs are considerably more comfortable than cro-mo ones. If I pinch the ti. rails between thumb and index finger I can flex them, with cro-mo rails I can't.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saddles – ti or cr-mo rails?’ is closed to new replies.