Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Saddles all flopping to the left
  • spooked
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

After a bit of advice. As per title really. All three of my saddles have gone lop sided to the left.

I conclude either my left side is much heavier or I must have a shorter left leg?…… or just a really weird method of riding a bike (probably all three).

Or it could be that saddle companies make saddles that have weak left side rails just to annoy me.

Would a bike fit be a good idea to get it checked? Any damaged caused by my evident dodgy riding would have probably done its damage by now after 30 odd years of riding but it might be a good valid excuse as to why Im that much slower than everyone else.

Cheers on your thoughts.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which way does sir dress?

scotroutes

Want to swap? Mine generally develop a flop to the right

spooked
    Free Member

Captainflashheart. Sir you have just brightened my day 😀

stevomcd
    Free Member

Is it possible you set your saddle too high and compensate by lots of hip-rocking? I can see how this could end-up being asymmetric.

kcal

It’s hard to tell on most of my saddles (and up til now have been primarily on MTBs, often SS) but now have a Brooks, it has a hint of uneven lean – if anything, to the left. Could be hip rocking, could be posture (right hip tends to get painful, so some form of over-compensation)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I had the same issue. Bit of a non-issue since I totalled the Brooks!

Probably a bit too high – I usually set mine too high if I’m not careful, it makes me a little faster [and despite the username I am NOT fast these days] but it takes it’s toll in Achilles pain and wonky saddles.

Try 2cm lower and see if you really need to up it again.

spooked
    Free Member

Cool. Thanks guys! I wasn’t sure. Yeah will bang it down a notch on all the bikes and see if that helps 🙂

easygirl

If they go to the left you Are gay
    To the right straight

Thats what i was told anyway, i think its true

scotroutes

Definitely!

JoeG
    Free Member

Could this be the cause? 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Saddles all flopping to the left’ is closed to new replies.