Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Saddlebags hot or not?
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

I am considering an ortlieb saddle bag, I am suffering from sciatica and a trapped nerve in my neck. Also I am sick of having a backpack on for every ride, be that going to work or shorter rides where a bottle will suffice for water.

So hot or not? Freak or unique or retro 1994?

ton

just a perfect solution.

dknwhy

What’s good for a dropper post?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’ve recently reinstated my old one, just because it’s nice to without a backpack once in a while… and i’m absolutely cutting edge dahling

corroded
    Free Member

Much better than a pack. I’ve got a Carradice for longer rides (overnight) and a small one for daily use. Otherwise, I just pop some tools in a pocket and a water bottle in the cage. My back is much happier.

momo

Saddlebag and bottle here for anything other than big days in the hills.

I’ve got a small ortlieb bag which clips to the saddle rails and doesn’t interfere with the uppy-downyness of the reverb.

brassneck

What do you need to put in it? I use a few (smaller than the Ortlieb) ones with a couple of tubes, tyre levers, sticky patches and a multitool (Lidl special so I have a few) and usually CO2 though I carry a pump in a back pocket. Then you can juts grab bottle and pump and go.

Just don’t confuse the CX bike one and the mtb one. It’s funny how you find out at least 12 miles from home.

iainc

I just pop some tools in a pocket …… My back is much happier.

only until you fall off and the tools go into your back ! 😛

I know now of 2 people this has happened to, infact there was a horrible thread about it the other week, which inspired me to move from Camelbak Mule to an EVOC

/hijack over 🙂

CaptainSlow

I use a fizik one as it works with their saddles and can swap bikes easily.

Carry Alien, 2 co2 and chuck and a tubless repai kit with a power link and spare core inside. Same pack for road/off-road

freeagent
    Free Member

Fox saddle bag for me on my MTB for everything but all-day rides.
    The camelback comes out when I need to take proper maps/waterproofs/extra food/tools.

I always keep sharp/hard things in the front pockets on my camelback, so there is a bit of padding in between them and my spine.

cookeaa

Definitely free yourself from the rucksack if you can!

I got one of These in a sale a while back for a fiver I think, use it the Road bike takes two tubes/Co2 inflator + two carts/split links/multitool/tyre levers normally and if expanded can take near enough double the volume of stuff, crammed a spare emergency folding tyre in there for a bit of a mission me and a mate did last year…

For commuting I now use a £10 beam rack from ebay and one of These as it works a treat and I can roll up clothes kit and food and still have lot’s more space should I need it…

I’ve Managed a couple of bagless MTB rides lately too, the pair of Scott Roarban shorts I got last year have so many pockets I can comfortably get basic tools, phone and a CO2 inflator in the pockets, tape a tube to the frame, pop a bottle in the cage and I’m fine for 2-3 hours playing in the woods…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Saddlebags hot or not?’ is closed to new replies.