Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saddle nose tipped up?
  • Kryton57

Anyone else do this on thier Roadbike? Has it cured perenal pressure / inner thigh abrasion for anyone?

Taff
    Free Member

Nose tipped up isn’t good for me. Makes it quite uncomfortable

martinxyz
    Free Member

Yeah I have it slightly higher at the front. Used to always have it level but I like the weight off my hands a bit with the saddle slightly higher at the nose.

mboy
    Free Member

Pro’s do it sometimes to stop them sliding forward on the saddle. Especially prominent this year in the TdF as the use of special saddles and/or grip tape to stop the rider sliding forward with the saddle at a “normal angle” was banned.

It won’t cure perineal pressure at all, if anything it will make it worse. Can make it much less comfortable over a distance for sure. But the UCI decided that for whatever reason it would rather the pro’s tipped their saddles up than modify them in any way, shape or form!

Baffling quite frankly… But hey ho!

martinxyz
    Free Member

I can’t afford to wear through my endura shorts on griptape every 20 miles so that’s the main reason it’s sky high ;O)

cynic-al
    Free Member

it depends on both you and your saddle.

TRY IT AND SEE.

Kryton57

I intend to.

First though, I’m moving the saddle back – I’ve a feeling my MTB roots are forcing me to have it too far forward, and the “flare” of the saddle is rubbing.

After moving it back, I can feel theres something for my sit bones to push backwards against.

Lets see eh…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Again, it’s personal, but my understanding is your weight should be on the saddle without pushing back (unless you’re tired)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saddle nose tipped up?’ is closed to new replies.