Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Saddle love?
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

My Fizik Gobi has finally died

Fancy a change

I know it all depends on your sit bones but what saddles are people loving at the moment for trail riding

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Brooks Cambrium.

Liftman

Standard answer charge spoon

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Anyone tried the Fizik Monte

eshershore
    Free Member

Specialized Romin with carbon rails

mrblobby
    Free Member

If a Gobi works for you then get a Gobi.

Messing around with finding a new saddle can be a pretty painful process 🙁

Re Specialized, may be good saddles but their test saddle scheme sucks.

lunge

Selle Italia Flite. I’ve tried loads but keep coming back to it.

wicki
    Free Member

charge spoon
    selle flite gel i think it is but i aint going o the shed to check

xyeti
    Free Member

Definately BROOKS Canbium,

RoterStern
    Free Member

Never tried the Gobi but I have a selection of Spesh saddles that I get on with and also a Charge Spoon which is also comfortable. I used to like the Flite saddles, too but stopped using them when they changed the look with that funny nose section a few years ago. I think my ass is easy to please! 😉

ton

always used brooks, last on broke so it put me off.
    tried a cambium……..the most uncomfy saddle i have ever sat on and used. made me raw.
    tried a spoon, a bit too narrow and hard.

so i bought the worlds ugliest saddle ever made……. a SMP TRK saddle.
    quite simply the best ever….so much so that you dont even think about it whilst cycling.

try one, if you dont get on with it i will give you what you paid for it. that is how comfy they are.

xyeti
    Free Member

Every ones bum Shrack is different, Clearly……….. As above with Rotor Stern I cant use Spesh saddles and i loathe Charge scoop or spoon, my arse is sore on them, What works for some doesn’t work for others.

I used to Always have the USE seatpost with Flite Ti saddle, so comfy, i think thats how i get on with the Cambium C15 so well.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

A brooks saddle for trail riding?

Not seen any about. Want one with a love groove that both the Gobi and Canbium dont have

teamslug
    Free Member

Last few years started doing long rides and have really struggled after 4 or 5 hours. I’m now using SMP hell saddle and it’s a revelation!!!. Take some tweaking fore and aft and tilt but when it’s dialled I dont notice it.

kcal

quite a few folk here use Brooks for trails – B17.

ProLogo Vertigo here – LBS lent me one to try, used it for Tour de Ben Nevis, comfy as.. haven’t looked back for trail saddle usage.

nikk
    Free Member

Specialized Phenom x2 here.

Titanium railed one on my aluminium hardtail. I do like it.

Carbon one on my carbon hardtail. Love it! Seems comfier than the titanium railed one for some reason, but it is double the price!

Like that they come in different widths, but I am medium of course.

IMVHO your arse needs to get used to the saddle, plus it needs to get hardened T.F. up to longer and longer days out, plus germoline (or other creme of your preference) and good lycra shorts, plus good technique for getting out the saddle / putting enough power down that your ass isn’t only held up by the saddle, ALL make a difference to comfort!

scotroutes

Very much a personal fit thing but I like Specialized Phenoms (143mm) and Charge Spoons are ok for the money (though the padding seems to pack down very quickly so they don’t last as long). I recently bought a Bel Air after asking a few questions on here. Very comfy on the few rides I’ve tried it so far. Really needs a couple of longer (4hr+ rides) to make sure though.

iainc

ISM saddles are great if you don’t want numb bits, I have them on 5 bikes…

doug_basqueMTB.com

Specialized power thing with the bg stuff changed my life! I’ve been sitting uncomfortably for twenty years and didn’t even know.

theGrinder

BTW Gobi is available with the “Love Groove” now, called Gobi Versus. I fancy trying it too. In same boat as you but as ever changing from a relatively comfy saddle is fraught with trouble and potential money spending.
    I get numb bits on 40 mins or more flat sections of fire road or just road, apart from that the normal Gobi fits for me and is unnoticed. However the addtional love channel on the Versus version looks to be worth a try. I fancy trying the SQ Lab 661 in a 120 width.
    The Grinder

sillyoldman

PRO Falcon suits me. Available in 2 widths and with or without a cut-out.

colournoise

Charge/Fabric Spoon/Scoop/Knife

The new options on the Scoop should let you find a shape that suits.

canyonfodder
    Free Member

I’m looking for a replacement for a Fizik Gobi, which was really comfortable for me on long rides. Sadly, the plastic base cracked across, between the “wingflex” slots closest to the front and the saddle simply collapsed.

Being a tight-wad I bought a replacement Gobi second hand. When it arrived it had an identical defect, so I’m not sure that I want to risk buying a new one and having that fail too in a similar fashion.

Has anybody else experienced a similar failure and what would all you gurus suggest as a durable and equally comfortable perch?

spawnofyorkshire

Fabric Scoop. Have two with the radius for MTB and shallow for Road. Fit and forget for me

devash
    Free Member

Running an SDG Bel Air here. Very comfy saddle which works well for me, although it took a few rides to get the tilt right.

vickypea
    Free Member

Specialized women’s Ariel. I have one on each bike.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

WTB Volt for me.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Saddle love?’ is closed to new replies.