Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Saddle like a Fabric Scoop that doesn't creak?
  • davosaurusrex

I love the Fabric Scoops but I don’t like the way they always seem to end up creaking. No matter how well you clean/tighten/GT85/grease them they eventually seem to get worse and worse. The way they wear on the nose and wings is also a bit shit looking but that doesn’t bother me too much. What is out there with similar comfort levels but less creak?

joemmo
    Free Member

can’t say I’ve had the same experience with wear or creak with scoops but in terms of shape and fit for my backside I found the Prologo Nago to be quite similar.

Gotama
    Free Member

My Scoop bum also likes a WTB Volt. Seems decent so far but only had it a couple of months after mine developed the trademark creak.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

SDG Bel Air is pretty similar. I’ve switched to a Spoon as they’re wipe-clean.

mark d
    Free Member

I’ve got a silly expensive Fizik which has just started creaking after 4 months of use.
    Should have known better really as I had a silly expensive Fizik Gobi a few years ago which also creaked after a few months…

davosaurusrex

Had plenty of Bel Airs in the past,good but find the Scoops comfier.
    Have a Fizik on my road bike which has been mint but they are spendy and if they are also creak prone then no.
    Will take a look at the WTB, not had one in a long time but never had a problem with them. Don’t look as nice as the Fabrics but you can’t see it when you’re riding. You can hear the bloody thing in the case of the Fabric though!

2orangey4crows

Can’t say my Scoop’s have ever creaked (running 2). SDG Bel Airs also seem quite comfy to me and have worn through a couple in the past. I keep fondling Brooks Cambiums (for road), but can’t quite bring myself to do it…

mark d
    Free Member

I’ve just looked and realised I have a silly expensive Fizik on my road bike aswell, never a single squeak, go figure

joemmo
    Free Member

well if that’s not a consensus I don’t know what is…

davosaurusrex

Missed the prologo suggestion. Aren’t they spendy as well?

Road saddle as well isn’t it? Yes I know, but…..

Kamakazie

Really like the Prologo on my CX. Good value of you look around as lots seem to be swapped out from new bikes.

joemmo
    Free Member

The base models from Prologo are only a little more expensive than Fabric and they’re not really that specifically roadie. I also found the Planet-X superlight pretty comfy. BTW its the Fabric scoop shallow that I like and am comparing the others to.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Saddle like a Fabric Scoop that doesn't creak?’ is closed to new replies.