Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Saddle issues and advice
  • nisbo
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a saddle with a decent bit of give and/or padding in it. I ride a Spesh Toupe now, but to be honest find it too hard. I don’t really have an issue with the numb bits problem, it’s more the general abuse and bashing that a saddle dishes out, so am looking for a saddle with more ‘plushness’. I do race so I need something I can move about on for tech stuff too. I was thinking about giving one of those Koobi saddles a go, although have heard bad things re. quality and breakage and the 90 day warranty doesn’t sound too great either. Beyond that I can only really think of the Gobi XM which always seems to get top reviews.
    Any ideas?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I didn’t get on with the toupe either, though I generally get on with speccy saddles well. I have an Alias on my road bike which has enough padding, but isn’t too squishy, very comfy indeed. I had an Avatar on my MTB, comfy enough but found they were not really rugged enough for MTB, fell apart pretty quick.

Otherwise, for MTB I find the charge spoon great. Pretty rugged, pretty cheap, pretty comfy.

timbercombe
    Free Member

If you want to splash out and get a new post at the same time the FX I-Beam saddle is the most comfy saddle I’ve had. Alpine Bikes normally have an offer on on i-beam stuff too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Saddle issues and advice’ is closed to new replies.