Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Saddle height for XC?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Do you normally run it lower than you would for road riding? If so, by how much?

Ta

steve_b77
    Free Member

It should ideally be set so that when your crank is at 6 o'clock and you're on the saddle your heel on the pedal and your leg should be just off straight.

Pretty much like roadie land.

For gnarl-core xc freeridelite you need it atleast 1/2" lower than that though 😆

higgo
    Free Member

Do you normally run it lower than you would for road riding?

Yes.

If so, by how much?

A tad, maybe a smidge. Not much lower at all, maybe half an inch or so – doesn't make much difference to pedalling but helps if I need to get off the back of the bike in a hurry.

steve_b77
    Free Member

1/2" is for freeride lite gnarlcore 🙄

Kahurangi

You're really not gnarling your 'core if you're only half an inch. Me, more like 3/4" lower.

I'm 'core, me.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

1/2" is for freeride lite gnarlcore

I think thats exactly how I'd describe my riding, I'll try it a half inch lower.

What's this 'road riding' of which you speak?

GJP
    Free Member

I run my MTBs and Road bikes at the same saddle height as measured from the centre of the BB – but of course this does not take into account different crank lengths 175mm and 170mm respectively nor the differences in pedals and shoes. So anybody's guess really.

stumpyjon

Get a Joplin…………

Endless height opportunities, I actually run my saddle so high it can be a jump to get on, with the Joplin I can move it up and down for whatever I'm riding.

theboatman
    Free Member

– Yes
    – Just a little

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Saddle height for XC?’ is closed to new replies.