Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saddle Bag Alternative
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Used a saddle bag for years (one of those Topeak Aero Wedge things) for phone, wallet, spare tube, multi tool and small repair bits and bobs to save carrying a rucksack but since changing to a dropper post I can no longer fit one of them!!

Anyone recommend a good alternative… have been looking at frame bags but they all seem either smaller than the saddle bags so don’t fit everything, or full size and not just for a few bits!!

Houns

Alpkit fuel pod?

Blackhound

These are very good:

Ocelot

Come in different sizes and you can use bottle cages as well depending on frame size. Or use a tool bottle to get stuff out of Ocelot. I have also used a bladder in one as well to keep weight off my back.

kja78
    Free Member

I had exactly the same dilema. Hate wearing a back pack, especially for shorter local rides. I now have one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350999394671?var=620245514700&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 Not quite enough room for everything plus a tube, so I have a spare tube strapped under the saddle with a cable tie.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Don’t think I need something the size of the Ocelot ones – but never thought about going for a fuel pack on the front end – was always looking at the rear end / triangle…. worth looking into!!

kja78
    Free Member

It’s bigger than you’d imagine, but doesn’t get in the way. I carry a full sized leatherman tool, bike multi tool, CO2 pump and 2 cartridges, a box of bits a pieces, minimalist 1st aid kit, and there’s still a bit of room. I also like the transparent section for my mobile phone.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Just ordered one from ebay – thanks kja78!

Worth a go for a fiver!!!

kja78
    Free Member

Worth a go for a fiver!!!

That’s exactly what I thought, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saddle Bag Alternative’ is closed to new replies.