• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Saddle bad with pump mount – does one exist?
  • letmetalktomark

Looking to try and forgo using my Camelbak and make a move back to the good ol saddlebag.

Only issue is carrying a pump 😕

Any suggestions as a bag that allows a pump to be safely carried?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I use a frame clip with mine that goes on the bottle bosses – you an still use a bottle cage

letmetalktomark

TandemJeremy – Member

I use a frame clip with mine that goes on the bottle bosses – you an still use a bottle cage

Did consider this. Topeak (who make my pump) make a specific mount – retails at £3.99 but don’t really want to buy one for each frame 😆

spacehopper

not really what you asked.. but ive got one of these..

Airbone micro pump

its amazingly light, small and really well made.. and fits inside my tiny deuter saddle bag easily…!

the downside is it does take a while to pump up a tyre, but it gets there eventually… It pumped up my 2.35 high roller no problems last week after a puncture..

and as it doesnt get used all that often (cursed myself there!) it doesnt really bother me that it might take a bit longer 😀

midlifecrashes

I’ve had one for many years, made by Kirtland. Neoprene sleeve and toggled lacing along the bottom to hold the pump. Quite big bag for under the saddle though, but big enough to allow me to take lots but do without a pack on my back.

hilldodger
    Free Member

The Topeak bags usually have a couple of elastic straps that can hold a small pump, or you can just wrap a toestrap round the bag and use that.
    Bottle cage clamp is the best solution tho’…..

tinribz
    Free Member

Or one of these?

midlifecrashes

Looks like Kirtland have disappeared, my bag is at least ten years old. Looks like this, and although chunky, doesn’t get in the way when moving around on the bike and off the back.

OCB
    Free Member

Not answering the question directly, but another option is to use a couple of the generic, inline ‘lockblock’ err, blocks. 10 seconds later and the pump is velcro’d onto another bike.

One gets potentially lots of mounting choices that way too, depending on things like bottle placement, if you need to carry the bike on your shoulder, or I ‘spose to fit around suspension (if one rides a bicycle thus burdened) … as you can barely see in this picture. 😉

That’s an Ortleib bag on the back, but admittedly one that’s been modified with additional mounting and stabilization straps to make it work nicely. The ‘fuel tank’ is from the excellent Bikepack.

I also own on of his seatpacks too which gets moved around from bike to bike (the Ortlieb just stays on this bike, as I never got around to buying additional hardpoint mountings for it – then I got the seatpack anyway). Both bags fit the pump easily, but if I’m not carrying much and would otherwise roll the bag down to a smaller size, it makes the bag an annoying flappy shape just to hold the length of a pump.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Saddle bad with pump mount – does one exist?’ is closed to new replies.