Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • sadddle choice if you're a big fella
  • mountainchub
    Free Member

I weight between 15st and 16st (it fluctuates depending on seasonal festivities). I have a specialized avatar 143 saddle from about 5 years ago and it's alright – although when I was measured originally for it the guy said I was in between 143/155. That said I've tried many saddles and it is difficult to get a really comfy one…

So does all this matter when if you're a heavy person the pressure on the saddle is more than was intended for, or are saddles manufactured for a vast range of weights? Or are there saddles for mountain chubs?

mountainchub
    Free Member

bump

ton

sdg belair or a spoon here.
    and 6 stone heavier.

zaskar
    Free Member

I thought it was due to the sit bone width of the pelvis being varible for BG to work.

I'm not that tall at 6ft1 but use 143, I only used 155 once and it was too big but shaded by my fat butt till I lost some weight and noticed it got in the way.

I think once you have lost some weight-or sticking to a new weight then get measured again.

If you're a big guy just make sure it has some kind of cut out and make sure you are not rotating your pelvis and sqaushing your privates nerves or bloodflow unless you don't want sex again.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

There's only one answer to any saddle question:

SDG Bel Air.
    😉

nicolaisam
    Free Member

sdg bel-air for me also.Same weight

bigyinn
    Free Member

WTB Rocket 5 x3 for me! (17st, 6'5")

scruff
    Free Member

CRC sent my a WTB skinny racing saddle by mistake but I used it and have found it really comfy, which is weird, Im 15st.

jordie
    Free Member

+1 for the rocket i have moved from a spesh alias 155 and it is really comfy but one mans comfy saddle is another mans razor blade saddle.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi on my heckler/handjob & CX

Fizik Aliante on my 2 roadbikes.

6' (just under) 18stone…

_tom_
    Free Member

I'm about 17st and using a Specialized Avatar gel in the widest size (I think). Pretty comfy but still get a numb cock sometimes if I'm sat down for too long 🙁

Oh and I tried an SDG Bel-Air, didn't get on with it at all. Looks cool though!

RustyMac

+1 for the sgd belair.
    I'm a similar weight to you.
    I went for a i beam version which was really comfy last weekend when i went for a couple of hour ride.

andyl46
    Free Member

Saddles are very individual things, but after using a WTB Pure SLT, I dont get on with any other saddle as well as that one. Although the xc racey, non padded Genesis saddle that came on my IO was somehow also very comfortable. Very different shapes, levels of padding and materials, yet got on with both.

pitduck
    Free Member

Brooks 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

Whatever SinglespeedStu uses as he is really heavy

ratadog

+1 for SDG Bel Air, and I am nearer Ton's wwight than that of the OP. Also have an SDG Grand Prix on a different bike. Not sure they still make the latter.

_tom_
    Free Member

semi-hijack, what do you guys use for seatposts? I need a new one as I bent my NC17 at cannock this weekend. Thomson looking like the only answer for a strong post that won't bend!

ton

thomson, always.

100kg doing 12 hour solos on a Fizik Gobi.
    Just bought a second one for the other bike as I find it so comfortable.
    Various seat posts used. Never bent one yet.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘sadddle choice if you're a big fella’ is closed to new replies.